Petites!!

Options
Petite ladies, where you at? I'm 25, 5'0 and I'm looking to lose about 20 lbs. its so much harder to lose when you're small! I feel like I eat nothing! Looking for friends, tips, motivation. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Hi ndarji921. I hear exactly what your saying! I'm about half a inch shorter then you and on the last five pounds of my journey. 20 pounds can be a lot on us vertically challenged individuals but it can be done! Feel free to friend me if you need additional motivation :).
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Im just 5'2' and Im 165. Ive lost 18 pounds since christmas so 3 months Im going for 40-45 more. I have a closet full of clothes from before I had my second child that I am determind to fit into. Im not setting a time limit though, when I get there I get there, hopefully within this year.
  • simples88
    simples88 Posts: 51
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 5ft and currently weigh 133.5lbs. I've been doing this since mid jan and you am enjoying my increased fitness levels and weight loss!
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5'1" and started my journey at 135lbs , I am at 123lbs right now and working on losing last 5 lbs. friend me if you like.
  • rowyourboat
    rowyourboat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", started in January at 130 and am at 125 now. I'm hoping to get down to 115, but will be happy at 120. I feel like I lose a lb. gain it back, rinse repeat...but I'm slowly getting there! Overall I'm eating healthier so that's the most important thing. Feel free to add me!
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your new life journey! :)
    You got this! <33
  • sblack91
    sblack91 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hey! I'm 20 and 5'1" with about 10lbs left to lose- feel free to add me :)
  • tinyturtle10
    Options
    im 22 and 4ft 10 (maybe 11)

weight loss is so difficult when you're short! it shows so much so quickly too, sending a request your way : )
  • judy2963
    judy2963 Posts: 1
    Options
    i am 68 ....5 feet tall and i know what you mean, but after all these years i have maintained 120 lbs but it has not been easy so just remember there are a lot of us out here and it can be done.......i think for ones like us lots of exercise is the main thing along with watching your calories.
  • oftheearth
    oftheearth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too. I agree I feel like my appetite does not usually match the size of my body. But then again, neither does my (normal/prior to a recent injury) level of endurance, so I guess it all works out.

I am 5 foot 2, currently between 105 and 110 pounds. Probably close to 110 because I've been stress eating like a mother****er.
    I have varied everywhere from 140 to 90. I don't have a set goal weight exactly, I just want to be really toned. Even when I'm less than 100 pounds I don't feel good about my body, so I think I need to get more muscle and I think that will help (I am naturally quite muscular already, which I notice in a lot of us petite girls who aren't of the stick-thin variety).

And currently, being more specific, I am trying to get down to 100 for a wedding of my friend's on August fourth. I put myself in such a crappy spot by buying my bridesmaid dress when I was smaller than I am now :/ So in order to fit in it comfortably, I'll have to loose it. If I do not, I am sure that I will starve myself the week before the wedding in order to make it work. (I do have a 6 year history of an eating disorder, been in recovery for the past 4 - the behavioral symptoms are gone, but I still have a terribly body image).

Wow sorry I did not intend such a long repines to this. But anyways, good luck! Add me if you want.
  • SSSLLLX3
    SSSLLLX3 Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm 25, 5'2 and looking to lose about 12 lbs. Add me :)
  • deannajodouglass
    deannajodouglass Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    5'3, my current weight is 125 and im aiming towards 118. im a wrestler and i normally wrestle 119, so i have to be under that. I made it last year, and was able to maintain it throughout the season. this year, i just want to get down easily and healthily. i figure if im already around that weight by the time season starts, i wont have to worry too much. according to the test we took last year, i cant go any lower than 114. i wont be losing a ton of weight, but i would be happy to motivate and support anyone who wants that extra push. I will gladly give advice to anyone who wants it, so feel free to add me:)
  • CynthiaAnnGA
    Options
    Add me, I'm 5'2" & want to lose 25lbs. It is harder when your shorter & I'm older too.
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 5'1" and working on losing the last few pounds that stubbornly refuse to leave!! I have to admit that I get really jealous when I see some of MFP friends who are 5'11" tall males whose BMR is like 2100!!! No fair!!
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    ADD ME!! I'm 5'1'' and although I'm small I've realized that I eat more than I should, so I am looking for support and hopefully to share meal tips, and health advice.
  • martinaprethee
    Options
    I know the feeling :/ I'm 5"0 and 125 lbs but that can be a lot on my small frame. And it takes so much longer for the results to show on a smaller people.
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    And currently, being more specific, I am trying to get down to 100 for a wedding of my friend's on August fourth. I put myself in such a crappy spot by buying my bridesmaid dress when I was smaller than I am now :/ So in order to fit in it comfortably, I'll have to loose it. If I do not, I am sure that I will starve myself the week before the wedding in order to make it work. (I do have a 6 year history of an eating disorder, been in recovery for the past 4 - the behavioral symptoms are gone, but I still have a terribly body image).

i'm in a similar situation. back in april i bought a size 4 bridesmaid dress for my friend's wedding this october. it fit a little snug but i figured i had plenty of time to knock off a few more pounds before the wedding. WRONG! i put on about ten pounds since then (which is a lot because i'm only 4'11). when i tried the dress on last week, i couldn't zipper it up and i wanted to cry. what makes me crazy is that i joined a gym in may and have since then only GAINED inched AND pounds - ugh! anyway i'm trying to stay positive and get down to 100-105, or at least fit in my freakin' dress, before october. good luck to you!
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Add me! 5'3, lost 11 pounds, 108 from 119, now maintaining and strength building.
  • mrsheu
    mrsheu Posts: 30
    Options
    I added you! I'm also 5`0, looking to lose another 20 pounds.

Looking for friends as well, so feel free to add me!

Thanks
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    short people unite!

5'0, 26yrs, at 157lbs and looking to lose 30lbs. Add me. I need friends.