Any Pregnant Women On Here?

Options
jubrina
jubrina Posts: 2 Member
Hello, I started with this app prior to getting pregnant. I had lost four pounds when I found out I was preggers w/ my second child. I am excited about the baby but not the pregnancy b.c I gained 75lbs the first time! I am only two months but I am naseous and it seems like food is the only thing that helps. I've been so busy that I haven't been eating properly. Now I am a huge ball of stress! I am committed to getting back on track and growing a healthy baby while losing a little or maintaining my current weight. I haven't gotten on the scale but I am gonna say I weigh 212 based on my last weigh in.

If anybody else is going through this, please contact me. Let's try to encourage each other on this journey!

Replies

• CReinisch
    CReinisch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 weeks along, terrified of gaining more than the recommended weight (as my BMI is on the "overweight" scale, I'm only supposed to gain 15lbs).
  • Lose_It_Leo
    Lose_It_Leo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Tell me if I'm wrong but I heard that you eat normally for the first 6 months of pregnancy and from then on only eat an additional 200 calories per day. I think I heard if from Dr Jesson (you know, the supersize vs superskinny doc).
  • aurie024
    aurie024 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am 28 weeks with my first. My dr told me to eat around 1700-2000 calories a day since weight loss def is not the goal and 1200 isn't enough to keep the baby healthy. I have already gained 25lbs which is very stressful since i still have 13 weeks to go and I was already overweight to begin with. I have just been listening to my body and if I feel hungry, I eat. If I have a craving, I eat if it's something healty or try to find a healthy alternative....My pregnancy was def. a suprise and it happened as soon as I got in a routine and started losing a few pounds. I am also on limited physical activity orders from my dr. because it has not been the most comfortable pregnancy.
  • I am 14 weeks. I am struggling with my exercise and eating healthy I feel like I make excuses a lot. I also lost 80 pounds for my wedding so it is paying a toll on my self esteem in general. I know I feel better when I eat healthy, so I just keep trying! :-) It's not easy!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm not pregnant now, but I have 2 children, and I understand how hard it is, especially with your 2nd, to keep in control of your weight. I must've put on about 40lbs or so (on top of what my baby actually weighed, plus placenta etc), so I guess over 50lbs in my 2nd pregnancy. And I wasn't skinny to begin with - a UK size 12/14 (US 8/10).

I was a similar size when I got pregnant with my first (my kids are 22 months apart in age), and about a US 12/14 after I had him, but it took me a year to get back into shape, and that's when I got pregnant again.

I found the same as you mention 2nd time round - the nausea made me want to eat because that's the only thing that helped. I didn't feel too bad in my 1st pregnancy. I was shattered all the time from work and looking after a toddler, plus I had some early bleeding, so my gym visits were infrequent. In my first pregnancy I was still able to go to the gym until I was 34 weeks pregnant, about 4 times a week.

My daughter is now 16 months and I am now slimmer than when I got pregnant with my first, and getting slimmer all the time. So although it was upsetting to gain weight, it is good that I have now lost it, and more. So, if worst comes to worst, and you do gain some weight, then you'll just have to work hard after.

However, i'd say once your nausea ends then make sure you log on here and try to go for healthy snacks when you're hungry. Also, try to get some exercise. I'd like to try for a 3rd baby next year, and I will be making sure I follow my own advice here!
  • fitislandgirl
    fitislandgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 11 weeks pregnant and in the same boat. I find I'm eating too much and not good choices but what I do eat keeps the nausea at bay. Having said that, I prepped healthier meals today, logged them all and felt much better about it. I allowed myself some chocolate but it was Lindt Sea Salt dark chocolate. My calories intake was a little over 1800. I'm going to keep it around here and see how I get along. I had already gained close to 15 lbs in 11 weeks so I really want to keep an eye on things so I don't gain too much!
  • harnzen
    Options
    I'm 17 weeks along with my first. My problem is a little different - I'm not gaining enough weight. That's what really brought me back to MFP. I'm the first to admit that I don't make the healthiest choices foodwise. My goal here is simply to learn to eat so that both my baby and myself can be healthy. Please feel free to add me if you like.