Clothing swap??

Options
Someone mentioned this in another thread, and I think it's a great idea. Not sure how to get it started though. As we all size down, obviously we have clothes that are too big, and need ones that are smaller. Setting up a clothing swap to pass on your "too big" stuff to people who need it in their interim phases seems like a great plan! For instance, I have a lot of stuff in the 8-10 range that I can't wear anymore, and could use some size 6 stuff to fill in the gaps. Anyone want to try to get this going?

Replies

• rastanle
    rastanle Posts: 4
    Options
    I also remember seeing something like this before. I have TONS of professional clothes sizes 12 to 16, but need some 8 to 10 now. I know my clothes don't help you, Hannah, but maybe we can start something...? I'm going to keep looking through the forums because I definitely remember seeing something before....
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    cool idea!
  • vgpeterson1984
    vgpeterson1984 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea. I have lots of 20 size clothes that don't fit anymore.and should be wearing 16 shortly. I would love to swap
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Aagh, this topic was dead for so long that I didn't see that there are responses now!! Anyone else out there interested? I'm a highly organized person (ex-accountant, oy) so I'd be happy to start a spreadsheet with who has what and what they're looking for and start hooking people up perhaps.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    What you need to do is have a switch and swap party at your house and invite friends who are your size and friends who are the size you were before. Everyone brings a bag of clothing or items they no longer want and the hostess puts the bags in another room upon their arrival. When it's time to begin the swap the hostess brings out one bag of clothing at a time and you hold them up and describe the sizes to everyone and whoever wants it raises their hand. My daughter and I do these at least once a year and you get some really nice things that way
  • 1jacqua
    1jacqua Posts: 5
    Options
    This sounds great. I have some profession/business suits size 8P mostly, seeking size 6 or 6P.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of it, but unsure of the logistics. How would we swap clothes with people who live far away? I guess box them and ship UPS? I am not ready for a new size yet, but I just got started. I know that I will be hitting the thrift stores too. At my current size, I *never* find things in the thrift store that fit me. I have to wait for a clearance at K-mart.