What a difference an inch makes...

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm 5 foot 6 and currently 162lbs, and a UK size 14 on top, size 12/14 on bottom. My goal weight is currently 154lbs but as I get closer I have considered adjusting this down to 140lbs. Measurements at the moment at 39-30.5-39 (I carry most of my weight around my lower stomach and upper thighs).

I'm just wondering if anyone else my height has experienced a similar weightloss, and if so what kind of size difference they saw as they lost weight? I've met a few girls on here with similar starting/current/goal weights but seeing as most of them are 4 inches shorter than me I can't really compare sizes with them.

My boyfriend recently asked me a good question: he said if I could click my fingers and be any size, what would I be? In terms of 'attainability' I'd always said a UK 12, but that was because I didn't have real faith in myself. I realised I'd truly love to be a UK size 10 and so I've decided to set this as my new goal.

I know every body is different, and no one is the same shape/size/weight, but I wondered if anyone knew roughly when I should see a shift down to size 12, and again to size 10?

I was a size 16 at 180lbs, size 14 now at 162lbs but can JUST fit into my size 12 jeans for the first time in ages...

Any contributions appreciated :) xx

Replies

• raverhayley
    raverhayley Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    good luck with your new size 10 goal. 5 years ago when i lost 3 stone, i was 10stone ( im also 5'6 height) but could not fit into size 10 jeans! i tried everything. i was a size 10 top, even though i have dd boobs!- my gym trainer told me the bone structure of my hips meant id have to loose probably another half a stone to get into 10 jeans- and i could not maintain 9 stone 7lbs, my body just wouldnt allow it.
    what im saying is going from a 12 to a 10 can be quite hard work so dont put all ur eggs in that basket! :)
  • healthymission92
    Options
    I'm 147 and I'm a 10-12 on bottom and 8-10 on top. When I'm in the 130's i'm usually a 8-10 all over.
    My height is 5'8 :)
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5", I carry my weight on my bottom though, I was size 12 (US) at 165 lbs, now that I am 154, I can fit into size 8 and my size 12 fall down.

But to me its really not about the size, different brands have different sizing, and more important than size should be fit, although yes, I have refused to buy stuff in a bigger size just because of sticker shock ;)

My goal is 150 lbs, and when I get there I'll reassess, but I have been there before I got married, and I love my pics from that time.
    I already feel so much better about myself.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 147.2lb
    Dress size: UK 12-14.

I can fit in to size 12 skinny jeans, but then I have a bulging muffin top, so I haven't worn jeans in forever! :sad:

I want to be around 133lb (9.7st) and a size 10.
  • safu87
    safu87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 5.5 and I carry all my weight around my hips and thighs.

I weigh 154lbs and im a size 14 comfortably..

I was 147lbs when i started to fit into size 12 clothes, top and bottom. I dropped to 133lbs but was stil in size 12 clothes.. So
    It depends on your bone structure. Btw bein 9st 7lbs wasn't maintainable for me either. So im jus goin to try to stick to gettin back to 10st.

HTH
  • raverhayley
    raverhayley Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 5.5 and I carry all my weight around my hips and thighs.

I weigh 154lbs and im a size 14 comfortably..

I was 147lbs when i started to fit into size 12 clothes, top and bottom. I dropped to 133lbs but was stil in size 12 clothes.. So
    It depends on your bone structure. Btw bein 9st 7lbs wasn't maintainable for me either. So im jus goin to try to stick to gettin back to 10st.

HTH
    i only had to go off track for a day or two a i literally would be back to 10stone!!! lol i no how you feel!
  • Mexie1
    Mexie1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", started at 159lb UK14, now 128lb UK12. I expect to be still be a 12 at my goal 119lb, maybe some 10s.

Current measurements at 128lb:
    Bust 37
    Waist 27
    Hips 36.5

Measurements at 140lb (3 months ago):
    Bust 39.5
    Waist 28.5
    Hips 39.5

I think I tend to be a bigger size than my weight would suggest. From looking at peoples' pictures they look considerably smaller than me at the same height and weight.
  • Martina_Who
    Martina_Who Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey :-)

I'm always curious about this too!
    But everyones body shape/frame is different even at the same height!

I'm 5'7
    SW - 220lbs
    CW - 203lbs size 18 (ugh :/)

1st GW - 182lbs - at this weight I'll fit back into all my size14 clothes
    2nd GW - 168lbs
    3rd GW - 161lbs - size 12/14 ( i was a few years ago when I weighed this!)
    FINAL GW - 154lbs - should be a size 12 by then as i was a few years ago when I weighed 11stone!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Thats what my wife says.

wut
  • stephanne82
    stephanne82 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and about 150 lbs. I am currently wearing a size 8 (US). My goal is to be a size 4/6 (US) and I will probably have to weigh about 130-135 lbs. to get to that based on what I was before I got pregnant.
  • Tricialew32
    Tricialew32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and about 150 lbs. I am currently wearing a size 8 (US). My goal is to be a size 4/6 (US) and I will probably have to weigh about 130-135 lbs. to get to that based on what I was before I got pregnant.

I'm 5'7" and 155lbs. I'm wearing size 12 (US) comfortably. I haven't been an 8 since I weighed 125 lbs when I ran on the cross country team in college...lol
    How...in the.....whaaaa?
    Even at 135...which is my final goal, I'm pretty sure a 9/10 is the best I can expect
  • stephanne82
    stephanne82 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

I'm 5'7" and 155lbs. I'm wearing size 12 (US) comfortably. I haven't been an 8 since I weighed 125 lbs when I ran on the cross country team in college...lol
    How...in the.....whaaaa?
    Even at 135...which is my final goal, I'm pretty sure a 9/10 is the best I can expect

Well, I think it depends on how you are built. I have been losing inches versus pounds the last couple of months. I definitely don't look like I weigh 150 lbs.