20 year old Marine Wife! :)

Options
Hey there!
My name is Quinn. And as you can see by the title, I am 20 years old and my wonderful, amazing, and incredible husband is a marine. :) It's tough being around people in the military all the time, because fitness is a big part of their life. I was an athlete when I was younger, but after suffering a painful knee injury, fitness has been on the back burner. I am trying to get back into that lifestyle and back to the weight I maintained as a soccer player. I know that I'll need a lot of support and encouragement. So anyone looking for a great accountability buddy, feel free to add me. I can't wait to get to know you all better!

Replies

• satxtrap
    satxtrap Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Lots of positive energy flowing here to help keep you on point. Feel free to add this old guy if you'd like. Please pass on a "thank you for your service" to your husband from me as well.
  • quinntendo
    quinntendo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    will do as soon as possible :) I'm sure he'll appreciate it.
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend. I've been on MFP for a few months and love it. The support and encouragement from my friend here is amazing! Good luck on your journey. And a big thanks to BOTH of you for your commitment to our military and our great country!
  • xoaria
    xoaria Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi I'm Aria and I'm new as well! :)

I used to be quite fit and active as well and am trying to get back into a healthy lifestyle again too! I'd love to be friends and help support and encourage each other! :) Hope you don't mind if I send you a friend request!
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, i'm 31 and am engaged to an ex-marine. it's not exactly the same beast but i can probably relate in some ways. you can take a boy out of the marines but you can't take the marines out of the boy.
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am also a military wife and understand how PT is all around you. We were stationed near a joint base for 6 years and used to love going to the other bases/post in the mornings because the Marines were always out running in formation. That is always nice to look at :).

You are going to love MFP these people will listen, cheer you on and keep you on track, take advantage of you post gym and hopfully they offer the free classes. Go to Health and Wellness they will provide you with so much help and classes.

Dont give up you did the hardest part already and thats the first step towards a new healthy you.
  • livinfitanfun
    Options
    I am I am marine wife as well and have been one for the past 6 years and counting! :-) you can add me if you like. I know what you mean and it does make it better to have people how understand where you are coming from. Not everyone can understand the military life or better yet a marine's life! Add me if you like I log dialy and it's open. Rachel
  • quinntendo
    Options
    I am also a military wife and understand how PT is all around you. We were stationed near a joint base for 6 years and used to love going to the other bases/post in the mornings because the Marines were always out running in formation. That is always nice to look at :).

You are going to love MFP these people will listen, cheer you on and keep you on track, take advantage of you post gym and hopfully they offer the free classes. Go to Health and Wellness they will provide you with so much help and classes.

Dont give up you did the hardest part already and thats the first step towards a new healthy you.

yeah, I don't plan to give up this time. I NEEEED this weight loss. haha we're at a teeny tiny itty bitty base that pretty much no one has heard of in Virginia (literally, the base is like a block long lol) so the gym resources aren't amazing. But i have a gym membership in town and do a lot from home already :) I'm very excited to be here!
  • quinntendo
    Options
    I am I am marine wife as well and have been one for the past 6 years and counting! :-) you can add me if you like. I know what you mean and it does make it better to have people how understand where you are coming from. Not everyone can understand the military life or better yet a marine's life! Add me if you like I log dialy and it's open. Rachel

yeah, it totally helps to have people who know where i'm coming from. but I appreciate help from people from all walks of life! I will definitely add you :)
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am a Marine wife and proud... oorah! ;) Anyways, I'm here to loose weight to keep up with my fit hubby, haha. Feel free to add me if you'd like :) Best of luck to you!