UFC 148

Options
Any MMA fans here? Giant fight tonight! Silva/Sonnen, who do you have? I'll say Silva in the 1st, but it could just as easily go 5 and Sonnen doesn't get caught again.

Replies

• 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Watching the prelims now! Waiting for some friends to show for the main event.

I think Silva will find his chin more often and show better tt defense. Although I would love to see Sonnen finish him I think it's doubtful.

Should be awesome either way!
  • Madmoosebaits
    Options
    Sonnen in 3rd. The way Silva was acting this week I believe Chael has "gotten into his head".
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    I agree, Sonnen is definitely in his head. Sonnen is a pretty smart dude. He is a WWE wrestler trapped in an MMA fighters body. He puts on a hell of an act, but it has worked. This fight if off the charts hyped. Where would it be if not for his gamesmanship?
  • Journalartista
    Journalartista Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am just as excited to watch Forrest :)
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Should be a great night of fights...Silva, I'm gonna say in 1st
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I say TKO in the 9th round.
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    Silva. Second round.
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I would love to see Sonnen win. And I agree Chael is in Silva's head. I'm just not sure that's a good thing for Chael. I could see Silva slowly taking Chael apart...................hope not
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Actually going with Sonnen
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Sonnen basically knocked himself out smh...
  • percxa
    percxa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Was hoping for a lot more out of that fight.
  • 152dbs
    152dbs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    the ref was a total retard...u dont end a championship fight like that....sonnen was clearing cobwebs. not every punch made it through. when i saw yves was the ref i was "crap, he has ended fights early". wished josh rosenthal was the ref again he let them fight.

im hoping for a 3rd sonnen was still taking silva down. he owned round 1.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Anyway, tough first round for Silva, but he got his opportunity in round 2 - Diggity-Doggity-DONG - finished!
    I picked Silva to win but rooted for Sonnen. Silva should retire while top dog.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I told friends Silva in 2nd. Wish Sonnen could have pulled out the win. Silva is a class act. So glad forrest won!!!!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Options
    I told friends Silva in 2nd. Wish Sonnen could have pulled out the win. Silva is a class act. So glad forrest won!!!!
    Tito fought well; time to hang it up.
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Doesn't anyone else think that was an illegal knee to Sonnons face? Thats what it looked like to me.
  • leanandmean2012
    leanandmean2012 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Chael was never close to beating Silva lol Anderson had a cracked rib the first fight and Chael tested positive for PED's after the first fight and Chael still lost lol This time Silva put him out of his misery. Anderson = Greatest MMA fighter ever
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Chael was never close to beating Silva lol Anderson had a cracked rib the first fight and Chael tested positive for PED's after the first fight and Chael still lost lol This time Silva put him out of his misery. Anderson = Greatest MMA fighter ever
    Great fighters never use an injury as an excuse for a poor performance, very few fighters enter the cage healthy. But yes he is the greatest fighter ever but I think Jonny Bones Jones will replace him in the future.
  • leanandmean2012
    leanandmean2012 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Great fighters never use an injury as an excuse for a poor performance, very few fighters enter the cage healthy. But yes he is the greatest fighter ever but I think Jonny Bones Jones will replace him in the future.

I'm making the excuse for him lol he never said it, it was discovered. Chael cheated and lost lol People tend not to know that. Jon jones has years to go but I think he might reach that status. Last night was just more proof that Silva is the best ever.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Options

I'm making the excuse for him lol he never said it, it was discovered. Chael cheated and lost lol People tend not to know that. Jon jones has years to go but I think he might reach that status. Last night was just more proof that Silva is the best ever.
    ^^^^^^^^
    THIS