wedding cake!!!!

Options
http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/08/chocolate-peanut-butter-cake/ (grooms cake)

what would be better cupcakes or wedding cake?

Replies

• AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you are asking? You want to know which would be better for this kind of cake? If so, I say cake not cupcakes because I'd want my pb layered in a cake. UNLESS you filled the cupcakes with the pb frosting. :) And also would like to add, YOU ARE EVIL for posting this!! Choc. and PB are my weakness! :(
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    that so delicious... I vote cake :)
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Anything with icing! :)
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    No what should I have for my wedding, cupcakes or cake?
  • CatholicUK
    CatholicUK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    We had a small 8" cake up top for my husband and I to cut for photos, then on the tiers underneath of cupcakes. It worked really, really well for us :)

Marie xx
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    Options
    My fiance and I are doing ~25 separate wedding cakes. I found the whole "cupcake as a wedding cake" thing cliche, but when his ex did it for her wedding it sealed the deal for me. Here are my pros and cons:

Cupcake (pros)
    ~Variety of different arrangements can be made
    ~People can "snack" on them later if they are too full after dinner
    ~Easy to transport after ceremony
    ~Don't dry out as easily as cakes
    ~Don't need to pay an extra cake cutting fee
    ~Standard portion sizing

Cupcake (cons)
    ~Very "trendy"/"Cliche" (which can also be seen as a "pro" for some)
    ~Limited decorating potential
    ~(Possibly) limited flavors

Wedding cake (pros)
    ~Traditional
    ~**Usually** cheaper per serving
    ~More decorating ideas/personalization
    ~(Possibly) more flavor options

Wedding Cake (cons)
    ~Cake cutting fee (depending on venue, some halls charged 150 extra just to have the cake cut and served to guests...and we weren't allowed to cut it ourselves!)
    ~Uneaten portions will quickly dry out
    ~Cumbersome to move after ceremony
    ~Difficult to control portion sizes
    ~Most people feel "obligated" to take a piece when it's brought around even if they really don't want it=waste

All in all, do what makes you and your future husband happy. Think back to how many weddings you've gone to, do you remember what the cake was for each and every one? I can guarantee you that your wedding won't be ruined if you go with one over the other. Congrats on the engagement/wedding!
  • pinkprincess1952
    Options
    We had a small 8" cake up top for my husband and I to cut for photos, then on the tiers underneath of cupcakes. It worked really, really well for us :)

Marie xx

Thanx it sounds like a good idea...
  • pinkprincess1952
    Options
    My fiance and I are doing ~25 separate wedding cakes. I found the whole "cupcake as a wedding cake" thing cliche, but when his ex did it for her wedding it sealed the deal for me. Here are my pros and cons:

Cupcake (pros)
    ~Variety of different arrangements can be made
    ~People can "snack" on them later if they are too full after dinner
    ~Easy to transport after ceremony
    ~Don't dry out as easily as cakes
    ~Don't need to pay an extra cake cutting fee
    ~Standard portion sizing

Cupcake (cons)

Well I dont want a lot of different flavors, I want a black and white wedding with black and white cupcakes with roses or most likely chocolate and vanilla maybe with some cream in the middle with buttercream frosting...
    ~Very "trendy"/"Cliche" (which can also be seen as a "pro" for some)
    ~Limited decorating potential
    ~(Possibly) limited flavors

Wedding cake (pros)
    ~Traditional
    ~**Usually** cheaper per serving
    ~More decorating ideas/personalization
    ~(Possibly) more flavor options

Wedding Cake (cons)
    ~Cake cutting fee (depending on venue, some halls charged 150 extra just to have the cake cut and served to guests...and we weren't allowed to cut it ourselves!)
    ~Uneaten portions will quickly dry out
    ~Cumbersome to move after ceremony
    ~Difficult to control portion sizes
    ~Most people feel "obligated" to take a piece when it's brought around even if they really don't want it=waste

All in all, do what makes you and your future husband happy. Think back to how many weddings you've gone to, do you remember what the cake was for each and every one? I can guarantee you that your wedding won't be ruined if you go with one over the other. Congrats on the engagement/wedding!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If your wedding is Formal I would have cake, if it's not Cupcakes would be cute.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    What the frig is a "cake cutting fee?" For reals? This is a thing?

Cake is slightly classier, but I am always vaguely disappointed by the portion size once its served.

The best was a wedding I went to that had wedding PIE!
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I make versions of that cake you linked a lot. It's heavily requested and is the absolute favorite of my brother, sister in law and mom. I've done chocolate PB cupcakes (though I'd use a different chocolate cake cake- that one is really soft for cupcakes) and while they are really good, the cake is awesome. The chocolate-PB glaze pretty much makes it and is tough to replicated on cupcakes.