Anyone on weight watchers?

Options
Im doing weight watchers and working out. I was wondering if anyone else out there is doing the same and would want to be friends and support buddies and share recipies and point values and what not, as well as daily workout routines! If you're interested feel free to add me! Im willing to be a fun, support system! :bigsmile:

Replies

• skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    I actually just joined weight watchers a few days ago! I'd used this site for a while but felt like I needed more structure, at least for a little whle. Are you tracking on the WW website or on here? I'm not really sure which is better? Feel free to add me :)
  • typicalmeghan
    Options
    added!
  • wenders1022
    wenders1022 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I joined Weight Watchers last week. I just needed to be accountable to someone. It is frustrating how few food are in their online app, but just using MFP wasn't helping me. So I am tracking most of my food there right now but think I might need to use a combo of the two websites.
  • cadillacfrank
    cadillacfrank Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Do they still use the points program?

I once got the high score
  • skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    Haha I feel like I get the high score every day too :)

Do you guys eat your activity/weekly points? I decided to go for eat this week just to see what would happen.... but it's hard not to feel guilty!
  • sjlocklear
    sjlocklear Posts: 88
    Options
    I sent you a friend request.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I want to join weight watchers but I want to use the old point system that worked very well for me. I know how to count the points in my head and don't want to do the new one. IS that possible?
  • sjlocklear
    sjlocklear Posts: 88
    Options
    Thats what I started doing too Merzback, I done it this time last year and lost 6lbs in a week.
  • nlhill79
    nlhill79 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I did the opposite. I started ww first, but when I got on mfp TO ME it was the same thing. The only difference was that on ww I had to go to 3rd party sites including mfp to find the points to the foods that I was eating. I didn't like to have to look it up on free third party sites since I was paying. So I cancelled.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I really would just like to go to meetings. They keepme very accountable.
  • Kristy0728
    Kristy0728 Posts: 63
    Options
    I joined WW Online AND track on MFP. I LOVE carbs and WW makes me more conscious of healthy eating/lifestyle changes as opposed to just calorie counting with MFP. A good day on one is a good day on the other, and if I go a bit over on my WW Pts, I know it wasnt a complete loss for the day. Which makes me feel a little better... :)
  • bjdavid53
    bjdavid53 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Weight Watchers on-line for about 3 months now & have lost 10 lbs. It's slow, but it's coming off. I log my food & weight on WW site and come to MFP to log my weight as well and read the message boards. Add me if you like.
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I was using WW, but since you don't count the fruits and veggies, I wasn't successfully at losing weight like I wanted. Since I dropped WW and solely use MFP and workout regularly, I have dropped 20lbs in about 2 months
    But, what doesn't work for me, WILL work for someone else and vice versa
  • SuperCindy185
    SuperCindy185 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had been doing ww for 1 1/2 years and lost 20 lbs which I was happy about since I was trying to do things slower so they would stick. Then a group started called a fitness lab that meets every other week so I started that and they turned me onto MFP. I still have ww on line but don't go to the meetings. I started to get bored with them and the people too. So, the group has fresh ideas and has some very knowledgable members that are althetes in training and ablet o share a lot of good knowledge.

I was tracking in both systems but decided just for the summer - I'm going to use MFP, in order to get a better idea of my salt, protein, etc. Something WW doesn't tell you. It seems they have more foods in the database then WW too.

Good luck to everyone - keep going whatever you pick even if it is slow - it is worth it!
  • Sandi442116
    Sandi442116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had much success on WW about 4 or 5 years ago, needless to say I thought I could do it myself and quit...Lbs are back :frown: I just can't get into WW this time and a friend said she as having success counting calories, so here I am and I like this much better, although both are simular. Good luck with whatever you decide :smile:
  • Sandi442116
    Sandi442116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was using WW, but since you don't count the fruits and veggies, I wasn't successfully at losing weight like I wanted. Since I dropped WW and solely use MFP and workout regularly, I have dropped 20lbs in about 2 months
    But, what doesn't work for me, WILL work for someone else and vice versa
    I know MFP is working for you now, but you can count the fruits and vegs and just use your weekly points if you go over in your dailies..just a thought
  • halliemarie86
    halliemarie86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have decided that I want to join weight Watchers again. I have done it probably 10 times in the past. I am thinking that since I have all the materials I may just try and do it on my own and then log food and weight on MFP to stay accountable. Also as stupid as it sounds I would like to stay under the radar and not go to meetings (if my bf hasn't noticed I gained 20lbs. since we have been together I certainly don't want to bring it to his attention) I am hoping that you other folks who are doing WW would add me so I still have a support system and can stay accountable.
  • lynettes
    lynettes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm also a WW'er, but I have been getting increasingly frustrated with the new program. I feel like since they switched to Points Plus, I'm doing the hokey pokey with my weight. It's gotten so bad that I've put on a good 15 pounds back on, all while struggling with the program. My husband started on MFP and has lost 15 pounds (amazing!) and I was getting more and more bitter with him as everything he looked up on the MFP app showed up with calorie counts, while all the WW app was giving me was "no item found." So while I haven't given up my monthly pass just yet, I'm giving this a test drive for a week or two to see how I like it. I have been doing WW'ers off and on for about 3 years, and have lost, at current weight about 57 pounds, my best was down 75. I would like to get back there.

I am a bit nervous about not having a weekly weigh in accountability... That was one of the things I liked most about WWers. Maybe we can start a weekly weigh in group? Looking for support so please add if you want some too!
  • debidoo2
    debidoo2 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am on WW and have been since August 2011. I have lost 80 plus pounds and am thrilled with that. I do like their Points Plus program, but was concerned about my protein intake. On MFP it is so easy to track that as well as my carbs , fiber, etc... I still feel like I need the accountability of weighing in in front of someone. I do not buy their food products. I am more of a whole food eater. Maybe some day I can wean myself off of WW , and save some dollars, but at this point, I still feel that I need the support and accountability of the meetings.I know that in the past when I quit WW all the weight comes back. Not the fault off WW, but mine. I am tracking on both sites just to see which I like better. MFP does have a larger food base on their tracking site. And as I said, I like the tracking of the protein, fiber, sodium , and carbs.
  • xry1
    xry1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm on weight watchers too, have lost 2 stone in 3 months so really happy with happy with that. I'm finding that on days when I use my 27 points that I am under 1200 calories. I'm not hungry eating this amount but have a read a lot of posts saying don't go under 1200 so I'm a bit confused....am I eating the wrong types of food? I know I need to cut down on my alchohol intake and eat a dinner that is way bigger than lunch but that suits my lifestyle.