Breakfast help--I'm hungover :(

Options
Good morning!

So I stopped drinking when I started my weight loss a couple of years ago, so I have a very low tolerance. Seriously I was drunk after 1 drink. I accidentally got wasted. (Yes I drank a lot of water before bed)

This morning I would like to eat something healthy, but I don't think I can handle any dairy right now...

Replies

• blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Green tea and dry toast. Take it easy.
  • carleyloses50
    Options
    Even before I started losing weight, my hangover cure was egg (however you like it) on toast. Yellow gatorade always helped me. Two advil.
  • wildflow30
    wildflow30 Posts: 27
    Options
    Protein shake!
  • lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    Ohhh, being hungover is the worst!!!!!!! I hope you had a good time though!!! How about an english muffin with peanut butter and a banana?? Or how about some eggs?? Keep drinking your water!!! I hope your day gets better!
  • alohabrie
    alohabrie Posts: 204
    Options
    Sodium, potassium and fluids. Scramble up some egg beaters with some salty potatoes and you should eventually be good. I would need lots of hot sauce. Don't forget many glasses of water.
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Find you a good Mexican place that serves menudo! Not sure about calories, but it'll certainly cure the hangover!
  • raverhayley
    raverhayley Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs with some baked beans or tomatos with a pinch of salt on. when im hungover i crave carbs- dont do it! it only makes u feel more bloated and tired
  • jdkdavis
    jdkdavis Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I always get McDonald's when I'm hungover. An Egg McMuffin without cheese won't kill your calories for the day, but it WILL give you that greasy protein I always crave combined with carbs to help soak up the alcohol.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I was gonna suggest whole grain english muffin with a little pbutter...something bread-y should help
  • alanabeehave
    Options
    Two eggs over easy, 2 pc toast and (Gah!) one tsp of butter & jam. Thats what I just had! 365 cals
  • TheYankeeBelle
    Options
    Seltzer water or club soda, with a pinch of ginger if you have it. That will help the queasiness. I crave carbs too, but find that really doesn't help. If it's not too hot where you are, I'd suggest a short walk. That will help, oddly enough! Sorry, hang in there!
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg on wholemeal toast with mushrooms.. and if your allowed grilled bacon and sausage! Or i have scrambled egg on a bagel with a burger cheese slice like a mcdonalds but nicer! Or i keep in Muffins and have scrambled egg and sausage with that
  • sertcelik
    sertcelik Posts: 22
    Options
    I use a rehydrator called Nuun for rehydrating after running and it also works wonders for hangovers. It kicks 50% of it or more.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Bacon! Seriously, it works!
  • RachFace1000
    RachFace1000 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    First off drink some coconut water. It will really help with your hangover.

Idk about you, but eggs are the most disgusting things to me for breakfast when I'm hungover; i usually just try to eat some toast or something. Dry cereal.
  • cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I always get McDonald's when I'm hungover. An Egg McMuffin without cheese won't kill your calories for the day, but it WILL give you that greasy protein I always crave combined with carbs to help soak up the alcohol.

This.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    COCONUT WATER........ best thing you can do for yourself right now.

My fail all cure is:

1) coconut water coconut water coconut water
    2) HOT YOGA or a run (anything you can do to sweat out everything you can)
    3) SLEEP
    4) NO GREASY/fried carb heavy foods - its a total myth that this helps - this myth was invented by people who want an excuse to eat junk after they have had a big night and feel sorry for themselves!!!
    5) Fresh, water filled fruits like melon really help...

oh and COCONUT WATER.... its a miracle I'm telling you!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    When I used to drink on rare occasions, I would have grapes or some other fruit and water after waking for the hydration and then follow up with something like eggs or oats after I felt a little better.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Have a Bloody Mary and a few aspirins.
  • SOLODOLO9
    SOLODOLO9 Posts: 1
    Options
    Bloody Mary with celery, olives and pickles!! Works like a charm!!!