Best way to avoid chocolate!!

Options
2»

Replies

• kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow, Smart Ones or Weight Watchers desserts save me.
  • AwesomeOne66
    AwesomeOne66 Posts: 220
    Options
    moderation. avoidance leads to resentment...and only eat quality. low-brow chocolate is not worth spending calories on!
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    A life without chocolate is not worth living, in my opinion. I'm not for depriving myself of anything. Moderation is key, though. I enjoy dark chocolate every day. A small square of 70% chocolate is heaven. Lindt makes a good one. If I'm feeling like spoiling myself, I go for a dark chocolate bar with almonds & sea salt, or almonds & cherries. Chocolove has some tasty options.
    http://www.chocolove.com/index.html
  • chikkenlikken
    chikkenlikken Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I refuse to live without chocolate! I keep a bag of Hershey's Kisses (Special Dark) in the freezer. When I want chocolate, I usually have one or two kisses with coffee after dinner. Freezing them makes them melt a little bit more slowly, so that I can enjoy them a little longer. Plus, they are twenty calories each! Don't live without chocolate--just eat less of it.
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    When you crave chocolate eat chocolate fudge pudding, the fat free, sugar free kind. Make it with unsweetened coconut almond milk. Add fat free whipped topping. It's amazing. I promise it will satisfy your sweet tooth.
  • Bdh2775
    Bdh2775 Posts: 14
    Options
    thank you everyone!!! this is an issue for me as well, thank you for all your advise, addme if you want i need support!! i agree it is all about moderation not depravation..if i try and avoid it all together i will end up bingeing NOT GOOD, soo thnx again for this topic
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Eat it!

Can't eat what you don't have!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    http://www.allchocolate.com/health/basics/

A better summary of what I was mentioning earlier.
    Most regular milk chocolates have a ton of sugar and saturated fat.

Dark chocolate had monounsaturated fat.
    It's actually good for you.
    I have about 7 different types in the fridge.
    Why avoid something thats good for you?
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I also keep dark chocolate around. I have regular and a kind with a little mint. It satisfies the craving and it's strong enough that I'm unlikely to have a dark chocolate binge (and if I did I'd feel sick enough not to repeat it). For me, diet chocolate products are big binge triggers; they just don't satisfy the cravings, so I just eat more and more of them. By contrast, for less than 150 calories, I can have enough dark chocolate to feel satisfied and get antioxidants. I count it as a win.
  • hellokitty41489
    Options
    I just can't live without the chocolate so a lot of the time I will budget for it. If I don't have a lot of calories left I'll usually do a sugar free chocolate pudding; they aren't the healthiest for you of course but they're only 70 calories and it gives me that fix I need :) That or the fiber one brownies are really good too!
  • mrmacross
    mrmacross Posts: 2
    Options
    Chocolate hasn't been one of my biggest issues. Me and my wife both like Muller Light yoghurts though which have sprinkles of chocolate and are just under 100 calories. Unfortunately it is not as filling as a mars bar but it takes the craving away.

Now cola cubes on the other hand. Thats something else altogether, lol
  • Mommyjenlynn
    Mommyjenlynn Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I will have to look into healthy chocolate options but big thanks for helping!!!
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    Sorry but I can't live without chocolate..........and you should not either....and little bit won't hurt :)
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Swiss Miss frozen fudge bars are amazing and only 100 calories and 1 gram of fat. :-). Just finished one right now. Lol.