Feeling sooooo depressed!

Options
Hi Guys.

This dieting thing really is not working! I can have fantastic days, and then really bad! I am desperate to lose some of this weight, ideally 1 stone, but it is so difficult. I go to the gym every day and do 40 mins of cardio. I also walk to work every day, 15 mins there and back. My Diet usually consists of fruit for breakfast, soup or sandwich for lunch, and then a vegetable dinner with no potatoes. It is usually at night that it all goes wrong. I find myself having some cereal as a snack, and then a yoghurt. I have been a yo yo dieter since I was at school, and I think my matabolism is all over the place. I really need a kick start with my diet so as i can see myself losing some weight and then i can carry on! Please help me guys. Any sugesstions would be great!

Thanks guys x

Replies

• cocobounty
    cocobounty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys.

This dieting thing really is not working! I can have fantastic days, and then really bad! I am desperate to lose some of this weight, ideally 1 stone, but it is so difficult. I go to the gym every day and do 40 mins of cardio. I also walk to work every day, 15 mins there and back. My Diet usually consists of fruit for breakfast, soup or sandwich for lunch, and then a vegetable dinner with no potatoes. It is usually at night that it all goes wrong. I find myself having some cereal as a snack, and then a yoghurt. I have been a yo yo dieter since I was at school, and I think my matabolism is all over the place. I really need a kick start with my diet so as i can see myself losing some weight and then i can carry on! Please help me guys. Any sugesstions would be great!

Thanks guys x
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you taking in a day? If that's all you're eating, it may not be enough. I'll post some links on the topic.

Scroll down about halfway in this post:

issue.http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/12884-overeaters-vs-undereaters

there are many links to click on regarding this :flowerforyou:
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    also read the post for newbies as it will explain A LOT!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition
  • cocobounty
    Options
    thanks very much. So ideally what do you think I need to be eating in an average day?

Thanks x
  • cocobounty
    Options
    thanks very much. x
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    That all depends on what your stats and activity level is.

If you enter your goals on this site, and eat all of the calories it allows for you (including the "extra" exercise calories) you will very likely get success.

There are a great many people who have discovered (myself included) the wonder of food as fuel. I have truly lost weight by eating more than I think I've ever eaten in my life. :flowerforyou:

Remember, the closer you are to a healthy weight, two rules generally apply:

1. You cannot lose high numbers per week. (so you should check "lose a pound a week" or better yet "lose 1/2 a pound a week) when you set your goals.

2. It's even more important when you're at a healthy weight already to eat all of your calories to prevent your body losing lean tissue. (muscles, etc.)
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Oh, and here's an excellent tool for figuring a healthy goal weight.

http://www.self.com/fitness/nutrition/calculators/happyWeight
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I get the munchies at night too! Do you have kids? Like clockwork when they drive me nuts, I banish them to their rooms and my hand enters either the fridge or pantry. I curbed my "habit" eating for the most part by looking at WHEN I went for snacks. I am going to try to grab water more often during these times.

I am also working on looking at my calories and if I need a meal, I eat it (cereal). But if I want a munchie, I am grabbing the Act Ii popcorn. You can have 6 cups for about 80 calories and it is yummy! Would popcorn help you instead?