good things
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    How far into the red?
  • Ervie317
    Ervie317 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I was always going over because the default settings wanted me to eat a lot more carbs then I usually have and way less protein than I usually eat. So I just changed the settings and made it a better ratio for me so I wasn't going over so much.
  • debbiethomas51
    Options
    i keep going over by -10 eeekkk hope i aint doing it all wrong
    ::happy:
  • cckellympls
    cckellympls Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I aim for 130 grams of protein per day. My settings originally were around 60. In weight loss mode protein is a good thing!!! Personally i look at my protein and calories first. I eat a highter protein and lower carb diet. Lean protein helps you build muscle which in turn helps you burn fat.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing wrong with it. In fact, as MFP settings are really low, you should probably try to go over. That or change the settings to a higher percentage. Are you sedentary or do you exercise? The reason I ask is that there are rules of thumb for minimum protein requirements which vary if you exercise or not.

If you do not exercise, aim for about 0.5g per lb of body mass or 0.65g per lb or body mass if you exercise. These amounts are estimates as the recommendations are based on per lb of lean body mass - so the leaner you are, the higher the g should be per lb of body weight.