Happy Fat

Options
Hi, I'm new to MFB. A friend of mine recommended this site a long time ago and I've just now gotten around to checking it out. It's definitely an encouragement and I'm excited! I married my husband nearly three years ago, and have since put on over 30 pounds of "happy fat". You know, the kind you don't notice because you're too busy enjoying life and love. Most people call it the "married look". I'm 25 years old, 5'9" and 171 lbs. I'm not usually very open about this kind of stuff, but it all starts with honesty, right? I'd like to lose 36 pounds by next summer. I'm looking for some fun ways to exercise and lose weight at home. Can you all share some ideas?

Replies

• MissesOfficer
    Options
    DVD's are great. Mel B's tottally Fit is great for toning, Biggest Loser Cardio Max is great for cardio and melting fat off! Good Luck. I am 5'4 and 172 pounds, already lost 70... so you've got it easy :)
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to MFB. A friend of mine recommended this site a long time ago and I've just now gotten around to checking it out. It's definitely an encouragement and I'm excited! I married my husband nearly three years ago, and have since put on over 30 pounds of "happy fat". You know, the kind you don't notice because you're too busy enjoying life and love. Most people call it the "married look". I'm 25 years old, 5'9" and 171 lbs. I'm not usually very open about this kind of stuff, but it all starts with honesty, right? I'd like to lose 36 pounds by next summer. I'm looking for some fun ways to exercise and lose weight at home. Can you all share some ideas?

Definitely some DVDs! I love almost all of Leslie Sanson's Walk Away The Pounds DVDs-great cardio/aerobic as well as quick and fun! I also adore my Yoga for Athletes DVD. Get some exercise equipment if you can-I have an exercise bike that gets abused!
  • Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've done a lot of the Beachbody programs, P90X, Chalean Extreme, Power 90, Insanity and love them all. They are great - lots of variety and good mix of strength and cardio. Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is also a great workout. Good luck!

Stephanie

Oh, and are you sure losing 36 pounds isn't too much? If you are 5'9", 135 is pretty thin. I wouldn't worry so much about the pounds, but the inches. I weigh nearly the same as I did when I started P90X 2 years ago, but you certainly wouldn't think so by looking at pictures, muscle makes you look thinner and tighter.