bumpyumbump
  • Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    I must try this!!
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    I'm not much of a cook so do you know why the baking soda is needed? Just wondering if it is a deal breaker. Too much sodium in it for me so I don't want to try this and wreck it without it.
    It likely helps with the rise, however I find that eggs in a microwave tend to rise pretty well on their own.
    You could try beating the egg whites first to incorporate more air and leave the baking soda out all together.
  • BrendaHyde
    BrendaHyde Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • mgram2
    mgram2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a cook so do you know why the baking soda is needed? Just wondering if it is a deal breaker. Too much sodium in it for me so I don't want to try this and wreck it without it.
    It likely helps with the rise, however I find that eggs in a microwave tend to rise pretty well on their own.
    You could try beating the egg whites first to incorporate more air and leave the baking soda out all together.

Yep.. it helps it rise. You don't NEED it.. but I love anyway to make my food look like even more food. haha
  • diinva
    diinva Posts: 57
    Options
    bump
  • Taryn1627
    Taryn1627 Posts: 120
    Options
    bump
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I've experimented with something like this by using my grandmother's pumpkin pie recipe. I used 1% milk instead of whole and Splenda instead of sugar, but followed the rest of the recipe. I poured the mixture into glass custard cups and baked them in the regular oven. it tasted exactly like my grandmother's pie , minus the crust. I stored them in the refrigerator and ate one a day. I will try it again this week and enter it as a recipe to determine the nutrients. Pumpkin is a superfood. I try to eat as many of those as I can.
  • bethross1
    bethross1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Thank you for posting this!
  • DebraZ2012
    DebraZ2012 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome.................
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

Thanks I will give that a try.
  • Sonnie124
    Sonnie124 Posts: 99
    Options
    I'm pretty sure pumpkin is one of the basic food groups. Can't wait to try this. :):bigsmile:
  • watchmelose1
    watchmelose1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    yum
  • jwillie76
    jwillie76 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    YUM! bump
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    O.M.G.