Muscle weighs more than fat

Options
Rae6503
Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
by volume.

FrontProgress-1.jpg

See? I weigh the same as I did when I was fat but now my volume is smaller.

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Score!
  • zophiel67
    zophiel67 Posts: 181
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    : )
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look awesome too!
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    WINNER. I came prepared to chew somebodys butt for beating a dead horse. Nice job lol. Great progress.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    wow, you look amazing! Mind if I ask what your exercise routine was/is?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Good one
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Dang I was so ready to attack someone...
  • twiztc
    twiztc Posts: 135
    Options
    WINNER. I came prepared to chew somebodys butt for beating a dead horse. Nice job lol. Great progress.

Yep
    I also thought "here we go again" lol

You look GREAT!!
  • Rae6503
    Options

Yep
    I also thought "here we go again" lol

You look GREAT!!

LOL. I warned my friends I was feeling feisty today.

Thanks for the compliments.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    LOVE it! You look great :-)
  • Tiabean86
    Tiabean86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ugh so true! My weight is actually going up while my measurements are going down. Threw me off for a bit. These pictures help me feel better lol.
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    I came into the thread rolling my eyes, and am leaving it completely impressed. You look amazing!
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    You are a BAMF. :flowerforyou:
  • Rae6503
    Options
    wow, you look amazing! Mind if I ask what your exercise routine was/is?

I started with cardio last summer. Turbo Fire actually. Lost 12lbs. That's what took me from the 4/11 picture to the 9/11 picture.

Then I started lifting heavy weights and eating at a surplus in order to gain muscle. I ate about 3000 calories a day. I started with phase 1 of New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women, then switched to a hypertrophy routine. That took me from the 9/11 to the 2/12 picture. I did low-moderate intensity cardio 2 or 3 times a week.

Since then I've been eating around maintenance. I've continued with the weight training switching to Starting Strength 5x5. I've upped my cardio a bit with the start of mountain biking season. And that brings me to the 7/3 picture.
  • Losingweightforgood2019
    Options
    Hmmm, I am trying to see the difference between the two pics but don't see any? I do see a little tone in the last one, but that's about it. Were you stating that you weigh the same but shaped differently?
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I am trying to see the difference between the two pics but don't see any? I do see a little tone in the last one, but that's about it. Were you stating that you weigh the same but shaped differently?

Are you FFS? Compare her first pic to her last pic - she's saying she weighs the same in both of these pics - but can you see the difference in her body composition?!?! Everything is tight, smaller, and stronger in her last pic. There is a HUGE difference in her body recomping from first to last. HUUUUUGE.
  • Rae6503
    Options

Yes. I have a more muscle and less fat. Size 12 vs. a size 6/8.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Now something like THIS inspires me. Thanks, Rae.
  • Rae6503
    Options
    Now something like THIS inspires me. Thanks, Rae.

The scale is a *kitten*. :flowerforyou: