looking for some friends for motivation!

Options
niknak333
niknak333 Posts: 19 Member
my name is nikki, i'm 24, trying to lose about 40 pounds. i've been struggling for the past year or so and could really use some friends on here for motivation! i just signed up a few days ago, but i'm already finding it very helpful! i'm more so looking to be healthy, not necessarily skinny. if you have similar goals, feel free to add me :)

Replies

• Reziel
    Reziel Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi Nikki! It's nice to meet you, I'm Aline. I'm new here as well but already like the environment and the tools I'm being given for my journey.

My goal is to lose about 15 pounds. I have this small belly pooch that I've been struggling to get rid of for months but now I'm doing Zumba Fitness to help me get rid of it. I'm barely starting today! But I've done Zumba before and it's tons of fun and easy to do.

What is your diet and exercise plan like?

Good luck!
  • niknak333
    Options
    Hi Aline!

I've tried zumba a few times, one of my good friends is an instructor, but I had a hard time getting into it. I might try it out again. My main exercise is currently yoga. I used to run a lot but have gotten out of it. I actually just went for my first run in months and it felt great!

Diet wise, I'm working on lowering my calorie intake and to stop unhealthy snacking between meals.
  • jsunshine220
    jsunshine220 Posts: 109
    Options
    Hi Nikki.

I just sent you a friend request. I will be happy to help keep you motiviated. I have more weight to lose than you do but motivating you will keep me motivated as well.

Also, myself and another MFP are starting the Couch to 5K program tomorrow. You are welcome to join us if you like. Just let me know.

J
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend. Just add me. :)

I have about 40 pounds to lose.
  • guapogringo
    guapogringo Posts: 201
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • wild0134
    wild0134 Posts: 1
    Options
    hey there im lyn... im here actually to log food i eat, im 63 but told i dont look it . already lost 34 lbs, need to loose about 30 more, i work out with at fitness bootcamp 5 mornings a week, and really now watch what I eat and also read all labels at the store, I drink over 8 glasses of water... If u dont like water add sweet n low and a lemon......ill be glad to help with motivation.... and if u live near we can get together, Im in st pete....

lyn
  • jsunshine220
    jsunshine220 Posts: 109
    Options
    Hi Aline!

I've tried zumba a few times, one of my good friends is an instructor, but I had a hard time getting into it. I might try it out again. My main exercise is currently yoga. I used to run a lot but have gotten out of it. I actually just went for my first run in months and it felt great!

Diet wise, I'm working on lowering my calorie intake and to stop unhealthy snacking between meals.

Since you are already a runnter, you probably wouldn't want to join us!!! LOL :wink: We are beginning runners!!
  • MsTonyaRenee
    MsTonyaRenee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    HI! you can add me. I've lost 50 already, still have about 30-40 more to go. I'm on here everyday :)
  • lisat28
    lisat28 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi Nikki, I'm Lisa. I am also trying to lose 40 lbs. and have been working on it since August. I've lost 25 lbs, not of the 40. 8 lbs using MyFitnessPal. I just recently started to be serious about using the site and read some of the articles they suggest when you first start. Very cool stuff. I'm looking to get healthy, not skinny. I ride my recumbent bike, use the total gym and Zumba. Good luck and have fun!
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. i'm down about 40 lbs but need to drop about 15 more to get to goal weight.
  • niknak333
    Options
    Hi Aline!

Since you are already a runnter, you probably wouldn't want to join us!!! LOL :wink: We are beginning runners!!

i will definitely join you! i actually feel like a new runner! last time i ran i was probably 15 pounds lighter!
  • annemarie108
    Options
    Anyone can add me!
  • Reziel
    Reziel Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi Aline!

Oh, I hope you get into it again! At first, it was hard for me to get into it too even though I do like dancing but on my own terms. The way I do it is I look for an about an hour-long video on Youtube of Zumba and do that three to four times a week. I have a video right now of a Zumba class and it's great to do because it's easy and it doesn't feel like a chore. After that, I log how much time I did Zumba Fitness on zumbacalories.com and it tells me how many calories I burned and I just log that into here (I burn up to 500+ calories which is pretty impressive). Pretty simple stuff! But if running works for you then that's good too!

Temptation is very common with dieting but think before you eat something that's probably not good for you! Replace unhealthy snacks with granola bars, fruits, cereals, and/or light popcorn. There's yogurt and cottage cheese too!
  • niknak333
    Options
    Hi Aline!

Oh, I hope you get into it again! At first, it was hard for me to get into it too even though I do like dancing but on my own terms. The way I do it is I look for an about an hour-long video on Youtube of Zumba and do that three to four times a week. I have a video right now of a Zumba class and it's great to do because it's easy and it doesn't feel like a chore. After that, I log how much time I did Zumba Fitness on zumbacalories.com and it tells me how many calories I burned and I just log that into here (I burn up to 500+ calories which is pretty impressive). Pretty simple stuff! But if running works for you then that's good too!

Temptation is very common with dieting but think before you eat something that's probably not good for you! Replace unhealthy snacks with granola bars, fruits, cereals, and/or light popcorn. There's yogurt and cottage cheese too!

Maybe i'll try the whole youtube thing! thanks for the suggestion!
  • kingkong247
    kingkong247 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add - I am also working hard to drop another 30lbs!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well!
    I was on here 2 years ago and lost about 35lbs...but I stopped cooking for myself and gained it back soooo quickly!
    I've a significant amount more than you to lose, but I feel like a newbie again! haha... I just recently got a personal trainer as my 21st birthday present from my parents and i'm finding that really interesting!
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! The more the merrier!
  • randy65273
    randy65273 Posts: 22
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • xoaria
    xoaria Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Nikki! I'm Aria! :) I'm trying to lose about 40 pounds as well. I'd love to be friends to help support & encourage each other! I'll send you a friend invite!