Help to stick to a routine

Options
So i have lost over 30 lb's, from changing my eating habbits, and now i would just like to lose some inches off my stomach, thighs, and glutes. I've tried working out, and doing cardio, and I just cant seem to stick to a routine...
Can anyone help me, like what are some ways that i can stick to it and want to do it every day ?
Plus, what are some good work outs, and cardo that I can do to help me with this?
Thank you !

Replies

• tibeck01
    tibeck01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you aren't used to exercising, start off by doing something you can be successful at and that will help you to stick with it. If you start off trying to do too much, you are more likely to fail and not stick to it. Everyone is different and enjoys different things, but find something you might enjoy. I love being outside, so I run and do yoga in the back yard. If you are interested in running, google couch to 5k. I love it, and I HATED running before I found this.
  • EAlexandraB
    EAlexandraB Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    For me, the key has been scheduling my workouts ahead of time - as if they are a meeting or a doctor's appointment - and treating them as non-negotiable. Like an appointment or meeting, they can be moved if necessary, but can't be cancelled! :happy:

Then it's just about making yourself do it. Remind yourself of your goals, and that each workout is one step closer to that goal.
  • dabomb5198
    dabomb5198 Posts: 26
    Options
    I agree with making the workouts a priority. I easy to find other things to do so making them #1 on your list is essential. I also started using a heart rate monitor to determine calorie burn. It really helped me determine how hard I was working and made it easy to set a goal. The reward of meeting the goal will drive a workout even when you are tired or bored. Good luck!!!!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Wow, those are some awesome eating habits...great job!! How about Weight-lifting 3times per week?