Late night cravings?

Options
What do you crave for in the middle of the night? (Healthy or not) How do you cure your bad cravings?

Replies

• fitterhappiermoreproductive
    Options
    Personally, I drink a cup of water. It works most of the time.
  • cryshelle247
    cryshelle247 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    spicy cup a noodles or top ramens oh my god i always crave them every night i love spicy foods and i love instant spicy things and a top ramen specially a cup of noodle hits the spot and sends me right off to sleep but i feel so guilty because although not alot of calories the sodium is terrible lol
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options
    Personally, I drink a cup of water. It works most of the time.

Same for me. Not so much other people.
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options
    spicy cup a noodles or top ramens oh my god i always crave them every night i love spicy foods and i love instant spicy things and a top ramen specially a cup of noodle hits the spot and sends me right off to sleep but i feel so guilty because although not alot of calories the sodium is terrible lol

Those sodium counts on those are very ridiculous. So you give in to your late night cravings?
  • cryshelle247
    Options
    lol no not lately i just drink a big cold cup of water and head to bed or i do like extreme exercising for about about 10 - 15 minutes and head to bed... but when i wake up in the morning i feel so light and empty its totally worth resisting the late night cravings
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Those sodium counts on those are very ridiculous. So you give in to your late night cravings?

Save some calories for late night snacking and eat whatever you like? Why is eating your snack at midnight any different from 10am in the morning?
  • cryshelle247
    Options
    i heard the calories stick on to you thats why when u eat later at night. i dont eat breakfast most of the time so i just think of it as making up for the meal i didnt eat but idk ive just always heard its not good to eat after 6 or 7 o clock pm
  • honkytonks85
    Options
    i heard the calories stick on to you thats why when u eat later at night. i dont eat breakfast most of the time so i just think of it as making up for the meal i didnt eat but idk ive just always heard its not good to eat after 6 or 7 o clock pm

Nah this isn't true, google 'late night eating myth'
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I never go to bed hungry! I don't sleep well if my stomach is growling.
    And I agree... who cares when you eat... as long as you don't over eat.
    You're not supposed to go more than 4 hours without eating except when asleep.

I usually give in to my cravings.... a little bit! A glass of fat free milk usually kills the hunger and lets me sleep
    but a cup of hot chocolate, banana, fruit salad, granola bar, fruit leather.... I will eat any of those if I'm under my
    calorie goal and need something in the evenings.
  • TheUglyFriend
    Options

I've heard that if you eat a little something before you go to bed, your body actually can still burn calories while you're sleeping. Never go to bed hungry but don't sit there and eat a gallon of ice cream lol
  • honkytonks85
    Options

I've heard that if you eat a little something before you go to bed, your body actually can still burn calories while you're sleeping. Never go to bed hungry but don't sit there and eat a gallon of ice cream lol

Your body burns calories 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • amystyran
    amystyran Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I always crave chocolate! especially a big bar of galaxy chocolate...mmmm :)

but i don't give in (thank god), I either have a low calorie hot chocolate to suppress my chocolate cravings, or if i'm feeling reallllyyyyy hungry, I'll have 4 pieces of dark chocolate, because it's only 83 calories :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelet with veggies or low fat popcorn.
  • alanabeehave
    Options
    You can try eating a bigger breakfast, night time hunger is usually your body's way of making up for the calories it needed throughout the day. If I really get hungry a night I have a slice of toast with a bit of jam and pb, the carbs help move serotonin which makes u a bit sleepy and give you vivid dreams!
  • cryshelle247
    Options
    i think it all just depends on how ur metabolism is because if i was burning calories while i was sleeping i wouldnt be in the situation im in now :laugh: so i just choose not to eat at night
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I used to think I craved chocolate late at night - turns out I just craved something to eat so I now budget my calories to suit this. I usually have a good proportion of my calories after 7. I even eat during the night but tend to stick to fruit - then I count it as breakfast
  • Sofithomas
    Sofithomas Posts: 118
    Options
    I keep my meals sustained with protein veggies and good fats and that tends to keep the munchies away - though if they sneak in a square or two of lindt dark chocolate or some nuts normally do the trick, that and peppermint tea! Keep busy as well - probably boredom!
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    i think it all just depends on how ur metabolism is because if i was burning calories while i was sleeping i wouldnt be in the situation im in now :laugh: so i just choose not to eat at night

If your metabolism wasn't burning calories during the night I'm afraid you would be dead. I'm sure you have very good reason not to eat at night and its great that it works for you - but meal timing has no effect on metabolsim
  • honkytonks85
    Options

Hope this is a joke and you don't really think your body stops burning calories when you go to sleep.

You are in the situation you are in now because you ate more calories than your body needs to maintain weight.
    Nothing to do with late night eating,
  • B_Running
    B_Running Posts: 158
    Options

Save some calories for late night snacking and eat whatever you like? Why is eating your snack at midnight any different from 10am in the morning?

Agreed. Save some just in case -- if it happens, it happens. If not, you're left with a nice little deficit : )