Is it possible to lose a stone in 3 weeks?!

Options
I'm 130lb. I know my ticker shows differently..iv put it back on and Im 130 again lol

I want to lose 1 stone for christmas eve. Can it be done?!

Replies

• sabby
    sabby Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    what the heck is a stone?
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    A stone is 14lb.
  • gwainwright
    gwainwright Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would be healthy too, persopnally. I've lost about 9 lbs in a month and that has been pretty tough. Why don't you aim for 1/2 stone, and if you loose anymore it'll be a bonus!!
  • osmium
    osmium Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yes, apparently it is if you watch the Biggest Loser. Remembering that that is their full-time job.. However, you've lost that weight once and put it back on again. Perhaps slow and steady might be a better option as you are much more likely to keep it off.
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    Yes, apparently it is if you watch the Biggest Loser. Remembering that that is their full-time job.. However, you've lost that weight once and put it back on again. Perhaps slow and steady might be a better option as you are much more likely to keep it off.

And they have a medical team watching over them.
  • audiophile
    Options
    It's possible, but very dangerous. Also, you'd have to have very strong willpower.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Why is it so important to lose 14lbs by Christmas? Besides being almost impossible, doing so would be unhealthy and not likely to put you in a merry mood. Choose a more realistic goal that will allow you to lose the weight in a slow healthy manner. You will be more likely to keep it off and you be miserable to be around over the holiday season. I know it is difficult and we are often impatient to reach our goals but this isn't a race. This is about leading a healthy lifestyle. You can do this, but it will take time.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • ImGoinDown
    Options
    What is the fear with losing weight fast? I don't know anyone who lost weight quickly (due to diet and exercise) that ended up having medical problems. I lost 60 pounds in 4 months and have had no problems. My mom lost 80 in 5 months and has been to the doctor several times and they tell her that her stats are absolutely perfect, one doctor said she wanted to use my mothers stats as an example for what a healthy person should look like. And since Nov. 28 I've lost 17 pounds. So to answer your question, yes.
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    What is the fear with losing weight fast? I don't know anyone who lost weight quickly (due to diet and exercise) that ended up having medical problems. I lost 60 pounds in 4 months and have had no problems. My mom lost 80 in 5 months and has been to the doctor several times and they tell her that her stats are absolutely perfect, one doctor said she wanted to use my mothers stats as an example for what a healthy person should look like. And since Nov. 28 I've lost 17 pounds. So to answer your question, yes.

Wow, gread job...what was your secret
  • BamaRose0107
    Options

Alot of it depends on what your start weight is. The more a person weighs the more they lose each week in a healthy way. I weighed almost 300 pounds when I started and when I hit 250 I got impatient and started trying to lose in an unhealthy way. I was dizzy, irritable and my hair started to fall out plus my nails became very brittle. It is not about losing the weight it is about how you are losing the weight and how mush you have to lose overall.
  • ImGoinDown
    Options
    That is true. I didn't realize that she was 130. It might be a little harder to lose that much then. I've never been that weight so I'm only speaking by what I've heard.

@ladileslie Thanks, I eat between 500 - 800 calories, under 20 carbs. It sounds hard but after a few days it gets pretty easy. And the great thing about it is if I restrict my calories, I lose weight and because it's such a calorie restriction, if I cheat one day, I lose weight. Alot of people don't realize it but the biggest way to keep from flatlining (plateau) is to constantly switch up your calories and workout.

Another thing is, I took these pills called slimming factor. They correct your endocrine system and it speeds up your metabolism. When we started my mom was diabetic. She's now no longer diabetic and she eats what she wants.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options

Alot of it depends on what your start weight is. The more a person weighs the more they lose each week in a healthy way. I weighed almost 300 pounds when I started and when I hit 250 I got impatient and started trying to lose in an unhealthy way. I was dizzy, irritable and my hair started to fall out plus my nails became very brittle. It is not about losing the weight it is about how you are losing the weight and how mush you have to lose overall.

Wow I am so sorry for all the spelling errors. From now on I will wear my glasses while at the computer.:blushing: