Feeling like you're failing yourself?

Options
Hi all,

The last couple of days I've been really hard on myself, I feel like i'm failing even though I've lost weight.
I'm just wondering how you all cope with it? I know it'd be too easy just to think, I'm doing terrible and give in. But I don't want too.

Replies

• randomnennie
    randomnennie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

The last couple of days I've been really hard on myself, I feel like i'm failing even though I've lost weight.
    I'm just wondering how you all cope with it? I know it'd be too easy just to think, I'm doing terrible and give in. But I don't want too.

How/why do you feel you're failing, hun?

Do you weigh yourself super frequently? For me, it drove me insane. I got bad about it and was weighing myself several times a day. Totally not healthy and mentally destructive.
  • black_sabbath
    Options
    I used to I've cut back quite a bit on the weighing myself bit. I'm not sure what's making me feel this way to be honest, I feel guilty for eating at times...not sure why. My diet is no-where near as bad as what it used to be. I can see the difference as my clothes are looser but I still feel like i'm failing :(
  • randomnennie
    randomnennie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Try to reverse your thinking. I too felt weird for eating more. But after actually following the calorie guidelines on here, I saw results and results don't lie! We need fuel or we'll break down just like a car. Reward yourself for your success! Do something you enjoy- be it getting a hair cut, a few new clothes, go to an amusement park with loved ones ... the life change will be fun and you won't over think it ;)

Don't beat yourself up, love. Make the journey a blast and it will fly by and you'll actually miss the challenge!