New and frustrated

Options
I'm Robin. I need to lose10 pounds. I probably need to lose more, but I think I'd be happy with losing 10. I've been working out and watching what I eat. I'm frustrated, because, I'm not losing any weight and the measurements aren't changing either. Need motivation to keep on keeping on.

Replies

• FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm about the same weight and I'm not losing either. Just gotta keep at it. Add me if you'd like so we can motivate eachother. :)
  • cairoqueen27
    cairoqueen27 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Robin, keep up with the regime of eating well and keeping fit. I am certain there are subtle changes happening in your body that you can't see. if you need help targeting a particular body area there are lots of videos on you tube or help is at the gym. Please don't be discouraged :)
  • FitFi74
    FitFi74 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi - I've got 4lb to go! Add me if you want to!
  • Jenvan78
    Jenvan78 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello Robin, I'm Jen and I'm about 160 (been stuck here for MONTHS) and would like to be down to just 150 at this point but ultimate goal is 144ish. I have a REALLY HARD time losing weight as well. What works for MOST doesn't seem to work for me in the least :/. I'll add ya if that's cool.
  • OhKelsey1
    OhKelsey1 Posts: 139
    Options
    Hey, Robin! It says you joined in June--that's not so long ago! Sometimes results are slow at first; I know mine always are. I've gotten back into shape a few times, and the beginning is always tough and it seems like there's no progress because you see the same body in the mirror. But the most important thing is to KEEP GOING.

Another piece of advice I have is for you to only weigh yourself about once a week, and maybe wait even longer to take measurements. That way, when you DO see changes, they'll be more drastic because you haven't been weighing in several times a day every day. Lastly (and this isn't a judgment, because I have no idea how you've been eating or working out) make SURE to stick with it and really exercise/eat right. A lot of people sneak snacks or aren't as diligent, and they don't see results. Again, not saying that's you, but just a friendly word of caution!
  • chayoxela
    chayoxela Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm with you, and would really like to get 10 pounds off. At the point, I'll decide if I want to go lower. No specific advice without knowing more about your eating and exercise, but I can definitely say that you are not alone!
  • kerriruns
    kerriruns Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me....i am also trying to loose around 10lbs. could use a little extra motivation!!
  • vcreinert
    vcreinert Posts: 83
    Options
    Establish your calorie limit and stick to it. NO free days. Count every calorie you put in your mouth, every teaspoon of creamer, ketchup, relish, mustard, whatever. You would be surprised how just these little items cost you.

In the beginning I was feeling it in my clothes before the scale dropped. As did my husband. If you are really staying within your calorie limits you will loose.
  • Rew_PT
    Rew_PT Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks. I just joined mfp, but have been watching what I eat and exercising most of this year. I've taken the last 10-11 days off trying to heal a injury. I think that's why i'm frustrated.
  • josephesquivel1982
    Options
    I was frustrated at first too, but im watching my calories, not going over very often, and am using iphone apps to track a lot of things, like a pedometer at work and taking walks when i can. Ive lost 6 pounds in almost 3 weeks, and im happy so far