17 months today and 176 lbs gone forever!

Options
I started my journey, living life happier and healthier for today, on February 8, 2011.
Today is my 17th month anniversary and a milestone for me because i recently had visitors from out-of-town and we were able to see the sights and walk and have fun without living for food! It was amazing to me to look back at this past in pictures and believe that is "me" in the pictures. It was only 17 months ago that I could only walk but a few feet and the pain in my back, feet, and legs would be unbearable and I'd have to sit or lay down.

I have done a couple things this time around:

1. I joined Weight Watchers for a support group and accountability of weight ins
2. I changed my diet and eat only whole foods: no white sugar or processed foods -- AND I LOVE IT!
3. I use some of the 12-step principles of Alcoholics Anonymous/Overeaters Anonymous to understand how to deal with the "reasons" I overeat.
4. I use myfitness pal to journal my food and exercise and report on my nutritional daily intake!

I have a website if you are interested in more: http://wechoosenow.com or on Facebook at: http://facebook.com/living4today

We are all in this together at some level... living life happier and healthier for today!

-- Steve

Replies

• katicasi82
    katicasi82 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Well done Steve, I find loosing weight so hard its so cool to find people who managed to beat it!
  • ocukor1
    ocukor1 Posts: 66
    Options
    Nothing short of amazing. good work.
  • libunka
    libunka Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow..that is the kind of success that inspires..Sounds like you got your life back..thanks for your hard work...if you can do it, so can we!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Awesome work. Wish I could see the pics.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!