30 day Shred by Jillian Michaels

Options
2»

Replies

• ColaSoBless
    Options
    I'm going on day 8 Lv1, trust and believe it's a killer when you first began but let me tell you I'm already seeing changes in my body and my endurance as well too!!!
  • SandraD89
    SandraD89 Posts: 809
    Options
    Im thinking about doing another round of it. If I do start it tomorrow will be day 1. It will be my 3rd round I already completed 2 rounds and had an 11 day unfinished round, but i don't count that.
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    started it today too, and i'm looking forward in seeing the changes in my body. I have one question how do you log it (dumb one i know but)
    please feel free to friend me also
  • SandraD89
    SandraD89 Posts: 809
    Options
    started it today too, and i'm looking forward in seeing the changes in my body. I have one question how do you log it (dumb one i know but)
    please feel free to friend me also
    Circuit training
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day of this round. Hahah, it's harder than I remember. It just reminds me how much muscle mass I lost going through the worst parts of my ED. Ready to get lean again though, and I'm sticking with it. :)

Level 1 - Day 1 *Completed*
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Am on day 5.
    Measured myself and although I am sure this can't be right - I'm 4 inches down!!
    arms minus 1.
    Waist minus 2 and legs half an inch each!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Am on day 5.
    Measured myself and although I am sure this can't be right - I'm 4 inches down!!
    arms minus 1.

:noway: Good lord!! That's incredible! You go girl! :bigsmile:
  • asauna
    asauna Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm in with you. and i just sent you a friend request.
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Am on day 5.
    arms minus 1.

:noway: Good lord!! That's incredible! You go girl! :bigsmile:

Thanks
    I'm finding it brilliant.

I was so sore the first few days but I made sure I did the workouts anyway.
    I cycle some as well but can already see and feel the difference.

Stick with it and it's brilliant!!!

Can't wait for tomorrow now.
  • poppy191
    poppy191 Posts: 10
    Options
    Ive also started the 30DS and whilst I have exercised (on and off) for years and done hours in the gym, this has challenged me in completely different ways and Ive noticed a difference in both my stamina and muscle tone in only 4 days!!

My boyfriend is doing it with me and he finds it tough too and we are both dripping with sweat every time we finish - I'm used to doing lots of cardio with no strength work but Jillian has made me realise how important strength work is too!!! the music on the DVD is naff but at least Jillian keeps you motivated!!!! :-)
  • now_or_never_SK
    Options
    Hi Poppy191! I'm thinking about starting the DVD today. I'm also combining it with the Bar Method, which I do at least 4-5 times a week. Did you start already?
  • now_or_never_SK
    Options
    I'm starting tonight, and I also do the Bar Method. I've been doing that for about 2 months now and although I feel stronger and I'm more flexible, I havent' really seen a difference. Hopefully this DVD will make a change! Anyone else starting today? (July 6th)?
  • myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I just got my DVD! I started a group on here...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6853-jillian-michaels-30-day-shred-start-date-july-8

We are starting to track on Sunday. Anyone is welcome to join us, even if you have already started your 30 days.
    Can't wait!!:happy: :happy:
  • poppy191
    Options
    Hi Now_or_Never!! I have being doing it for 6 days now and trust me you do notice a big difference in a few days - just like Jillian promises! I was dying by the end of it on day 1 and still aching a bit by day 3 and could only do girlie push-ups and by day 4 I wasn't even tired and now on day 6 I can do full push ups rather than girlie ones and I've started adding in weights when doing the punches and ab crunches to make it harder (which has worked) and because a friend of mine did the 30DS a few months ago and said that level 2 was the toughest of the three I thought I better start the preparation sooner rather than later!

Plus I have quite a demanding job and 20 minutes in the morning is something I can commit to and once its done it doesn't matter whatever happens with the rest of my day - but be warned- if you are like me and have good intentions to leave it until the end of the day you have the rest of the day to think up excuses not to do it or to allow life to get in the way.

I have noticed the difference in muscle tone and general fitness but refuse to weigh myself as I have a kind of all or nothing mentality plus I dont want to numbers on the scales to dictate my mood for the day (and by day I mean entire week).

Good luck everyone starting!!!
  • bewitchinglife
    bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent!

Just finished level 1 today.
  • mzjennx
    mzjennx Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello. Before the 30 day shred I use to go gym 3-4x a week. I had a trainer spent a lot of money, then I got hurt. Non-gym related arm and back injury. I just started working out again, but wanted to stop spending money at the gym so I started doing the 30 day shred. I am on level 1, day 6. So far so good. It beats going to the gym. 30 minute circuit working out of cardio strength and abs. I mix my work out with walking, swimming and hiking. So I am not really doing this every day. Like 2-3x a week. It does make you sweat and sometimes makes you hurt. So hopefully by the end of the month I see some results. So far I like it. I feel stronger, feels like im doing a way better workout than I do when I was going to the gym so I plan to stick with it.
  • poppy191
    Options
    Anyone on level 2 yet?? Its killing me.....level 1 did not prepare me for this!!!!