Joe's Crab Shack

Options
kmmealey
kmmealey Posts: 76 Member
Going to dinner with large group of extended family. I pulled up the menu/nutrtion info for Joe's Crab Shack. Astonishing number of calories in nearly every "seafood" dish and some have 10,000+ mg of sodium. Lowest calorie option I found was side salad (190) & "bucket of shrimp" (boiled) also 190 calories.

Ck it out before you go. I mistakenly assumed there would be a lot of low cal options. Glad I found out before we went. Going out to dinner is such a challenge.

Replies

• yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Wow! I wonder what they're putting in that side salad! Holy crap!
  • lornaheron
    lornaheron Posts: 72
    Options
    That's a lot of sodium. The high calories in the salad's will be the dressings probably. I find eating out a bit of a nightmare, i eat gluten free, so unless i eat salads i'm a bit stuck.

21790325.png
  • bp716
    bp716 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    it is incredible to find out what you have been eating for all these years and thought you were making good choices....
  • LMStas
    LMStas Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't go out to Big Boys for their Seafood Boufet. Only Fried fish and shrimp on the menu. I thought there would be baked or broiled fish, but their wasn't Not going there again.:frown:
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Seriously? I always get the Garlic Herb Bucket of Snow Crab, which is a measly 470 calories (plus 5 calories for the garlic/herb). An entire BUCKET of crab! 470 calories! Now that I know it's so low, I might order two buckets next time.