Any Dubiiners on here!?

Options
I'll be moving to Dublin in a couple months and would love to talk to some people from Dublin or Ireland. So excited!

Replies

• shoobz
    shoobz Posts: 119
    Options
    I'm from Ireland!
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Dub here too... keepin' it warm :)
  • thatblueyedchic
    thatblueyedchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you both! I'm so excited to go, but I'e never been across the pond before. lol Are there areas of Dublin that I should avoid? What are some things I should be sure to do?
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Nope, but I'm jealous! It's one of the next places I plan on visiting. Tell them I'm on my way.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: im from Ireland
  • shoobz
    Options
    How long are you going for? Just wanna see what I can recommend. :)
  • thatblueyedchic
    Options
    I'll be living there for at least three months.
  • LDM90
    LDM90 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm a Dub! : )
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I lived and worked in Dublin for years, nice place, lovely people and make sure you try the 'Guinness'
  • thatblueyedchic
    Options
    I imagine the Guinness in Ireland is far better than what we have in the states. I'd love some recommendations on where to live in Dublin.
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Well it depends on what you'll be doing while you're here - Are you going to be working or is it a holiday? The city centre is your best bet anyway, plenty to do and access to everywhere else :)
  • shoobz
    Options
    Very much depends where you'll be working/studying/whatever.

I lived in Rathmines for 8 months, I loved it to pieces, but it was quite expensive. North-side is cheaper, but famously not as nice. Have a look on http://daft.ie and compare the locations of places you like to maps. If you have any questions you can send a mail!
  • thatblueyedchic
    Options
    I'll actually be working at the Irish Times, but I plan to live it up as much as possible while I'm there! lol
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a Dub, and a Northsider Dub and no matter where you go, we're all easy going and enjoy
    your stay but check out Temple Bar, it's a Blast of Clubs, Bars and all interesting things, if your
    into Arts, Farmer's Markets, Live free Act's, check it out ...What will you be doing while in the
    Times??
  • thatblueyedchic
    Options
    That sounds so fun! I'll be an intern ... so whatever they want! lol