want GW in 31days, not weigh in challenge!

Options
Have never done one of these before but I just feel the need to just vent.
So I have already lost most of my weight and am happy with the way I look now, but I still have 6lb to go to get under 9stone. I don't care if I'm 100g under, I just want to see an 8 on those scales!
I would like to tone up too, of course! And I have 31 days til my holiday which is when I really want to have lost it by.
Yesterday I came off maintainance (had been maintaining for a few weeks due to hectic rediculous work schedule) decided to start insanity so did the test and am fully motivated to keep going!
I woke up today and the scales showed I'd put on 2lb (not included in the total amount I have to lose because this is obviously just some fluctuation) and it just made me cross with myself because I OBSESS over those scales! I weigh myself every day, morning and night! I feell like crap when the number goes up llike this despite knowing in my logical mind that this is NOT REAL! It totally effects my mood and my attitude to my diet and exercise that day, wether its making me feel like I can't be bothered so I overeat or I get too obsessive and undereat, whatever, its NOT GOOD!
So I am challenging myself to NOT WEIGH MYSELF for the next 31 days. The scales are going to be removed from the bathroom and put in the wardrobe, possibly the attic, so I cannot jump on them for a quick fix. I am praying that I will reach my goal by my holiday but I know that weighing myself will not help. This way I know every day is important and I have no distraction!

So my current plan is to do 1200kcal a day.
I plan on going to the gym to do 400-450 kcal 3-4 times a week
doing insanity on top of this.
I know its a 60 day program but sure 30 days will have some effect right??

So here are my vitals right now,
5ft 8 132lbs,
size 8-10 uk size 5 us.
I will be keeping this like a bit of a blog just to record my thoughts and give me a bit of an outlet for whne I want to weigh myself!

Bring it on!

Replies

• emmamc252
    emmamc252 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So I have succesfully not weighed myself today.I think its somewhat like when you start a diet, knowing you can't have it makes you want it all the more, so I have been thinking, can I really do this all day,
    But I can and I am going to! I need to stop letting that scale dictate how I feel that day! I don't look any different and my head is logical about this, I think its like OCD you know its stupid but you have to do it anyway!
    So, I didn't make it to the gym today, still had tonnes of work to do (will do realistically until friday this week when the additional contract I have taken on finsihes) so did that this morning, spent the afternoon with my Little girl but then got my sister to take her supermarket shopping with her for 45mins so I could do my fitness DVD.
    Ok so I was going to do insanity, but being the cheapskate I am I had borrowed a friends, and half the dvds are scratched to hell so after 10 minutes of stop start (more stopping than starting) I decided I would go for the30 day shred program instead. I bought the dvds a few months back but never did it, I do only have 31 days so I guess this programme might be more realistic anyway! So I did the level 1 of it. Never done exercise dvd's before, we used to mess around with them at sleepovers when I was a teenager but never as an adult. I thought it would be really easy but I actually really liked it! my arms were really sore during but not sore now (didn't have weights so used jars of pastasauce?????) But my calfs and hamstrings are really tight! Must be a good sign. I could tell I was getting an ok cardio workout too, I wasn't as dead on the floor as after the insanity fitness test but it definately did something, so I think as I intend to do this with the gym sessions I already do this programme might be better if anything.
    Anyway, after that I jumped in the shower, DD returned and I quickly got dressed before hubby came to pick me up so we could go to a family BBq at the mother in laws. Was a nice enough evening, DD fell asleep pretty early which was a bit sad because I have been working so hard I feel I have been neglecting her as much as my exercise regime! But babies do like their sleep!
    Came home and finished working oh about 10minutes ago, so have a bit of time to write on here! It really is quite theraputic!
    At the bbq I was really good, 1 piece of chicken, 1 sausage, a vegetable kebab and 1 piece of garlic bread.NO dessert or anything with those nasty calories in it!

I am thinking I am going to get back into my routine of going to the gym before work. I was wakingup at 5;30 so I could go the gym at my work before work as I just don't want to take time away from DD by going to the gym when she is awake. I start work at 8;30 and work an hour away so hubby who works 5mins away and starts at 9 gets her up so this way I don't miss any time with her because I never getto seeher in the mornings anyway! I was finding I was just too tired so again the last 3 weeks I have barely been to the gym! Again I really want to get back on track, that 30 day number really has me freaked, but I also know I am still super overworked until friday so there is a part of me just craving a lie in til 7 but I am hoping the good me will kick my booty out of bed in the morning!
    Anyway, Day 1 completed and I did what I could so I am happy. No scale to tell me I should have done better, well not for another 30 days anyway!!!
    Good night fellow thin-wannabes!