Starting Over.....Again

Options
Hello everyone out in MFP Land! I have heard good things about this site, so I figured it was time to check it out for myself. I was put on my first diet at the age of 7 and have battled my weight ever since. I am 42 years old and wear a woman's size 26. I have spent the last 6 years of my life working full-time while attending college, so meal planning and exercise has basically gone out the window. I am not getting any younger and before it takes a drastic toll on my health, I need to make a change.

Recently I had an epiphany. My brother and I had tickets to a concert. We arrived at the venue and made our way to our seats only to find that I did not fit in mine. Shamefully, I was forced to walk to the ticket counter where I explained to the gentleman behind the window that I was too fat for my seat. The only place he had to put us was in the handicap accessible section. I was mortified! This was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life up to this point.

I have been on and off Weight Watchers and many other diet plans over the years but have only achieved minimal success. I need to find something I can stick to that will produce results. I'm hoping with the ease of this site and the help of this community that I just might have a chance. Thank you for taking the time to read my post and I look forward to chatting with you in the future. :)

Replies

• nursemindisue
    Options
    I would be happy to add you. Sounds like we have similar goals :)
  • LarStar
    LarStar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    HI Bullsgal, I've been put on diets my whole life too, so I know what it is like to never feel "ok" or the "right" size. I've avoided theme parks and concerts for many years for the fear that I won't fit on the rides or in the seats. Let's be friends to encourage each other as we take the weight off and work our way to fitting in the smallest of chairs!!!
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    Welcome, and know you have come to the right place:) Nothing but best wishes on your journey, and I am here for you:)
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    I start over again...all the time! :D keep moving forward never go back!
  • kirstenmaria
    kirstenmaria Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Feel free to add me as a friend :) I love the positive energy this site breeds!
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I start over again...all the time! :D

this is me...................tomorrow :laugh:

:sad:
  • constantchaos05
    constantchaos05 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good luck and congrats on taking the first step of your journey!!!

I'm in the same boat as you....school, work, kids...there was never me time. I have also tried WW but it gets expensive, and had to find time to go to the meetings. MFP is always there and FREE...I like that word!!

I had a simular experiance with a chair, however it was one of thoose plastic ones and when I stood up it stood up with me.....in front of everyone!!! I laughed it off and said I had a magnetic *kitten*, and went into the bathroom and cried. I was getting up with an empty plate of food to go get seconds, I could just imagine what everyone thought.

So with that said Bullsgal70 you are definitely not alone....feel free to add me...we can motivate each other!!!
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    OMG that must have felt so awful for you tohave that happen :(((

But the good thing ot come out of it is that you found a whole new community to support you x
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    You can do this, It is a journey worth beginning and one worth sticking with because you are worth it. You have put everything into your life in other areas its time to complete that circle. We are so glad you have come to join us. It is an incredible site with amazing successes for when you need that motivation to move on.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • smoore0411
    smoore0411 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    starting again is not a bad thing. What is the alternative? I am happy to assist if you want to bounce any questions my way. MFP is definitely the place to be.