New to the forums, but had to share...

Options
doneatfour
doneatfour Posts: 120 Member
Hi! I joined in April 2011, but didn't really use MFP until April of this year. I still didn't start using my diary until the end of May, but I loved lurking on the forum. Last year I was at my highest weight (168) and had maintained it for about 3 years. I lost the first 20lbs over the summer through portion control and was pretty pleased. I maintained that for a couple of months, but found that I wasn't losing any more weight. This April I decided to work harder and take this weight loss thing seriously. I started by eliminating rice (which I ate huge amounts of everyday), bread, and other obviously high carb foods. I lost the next 8 lbs this way. I decided to start using my diary and I'm so glad I did. I feel so much more in control. I lowered my carbs even more, average was 50-70 net, and lost another 12 lbs.

So today I reached my first goal--20lbs this year, for a total of 40 lbs since this time last year. I am lighter than I've been since 2001, before my last three kids, and in a smaller size than I was at that time. I'm 5'2 by the way.

I am so pleased at my progress, not just in terms of my weight. I exercise more than I ever have. I never exercised and now I do at least 4 times a week--albeit very lightly. I learned I can live without rice and sweet ice tea everyday, multiple times a day. I only drink mineral water for the most part. I gradually eliminated sugar in my coffee and only take a splash of milk now. And I am eating more veggies which I used to hate.

Thank you for reading! I just had to share how rewarding I have found MFP to be.

Replies

• macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • lanell26
    lanell26 Posts: 19
    Options
    GREAT JOB! keep it up , i to do not write much on the forums , just lurk , but this site is the BOMB , and has helped
    me alot stick to my new way of life. i also lowered my carbs and have found this helped me on my weight loss journey also.
    GOOD LUCK:)
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    I am so pleased at my progress, not just in terms of my weight. I exercise more than I ever have. I never exercised and now I do at least 4 times a week--albeit very lightly. I learned I can live without rice and sweet ice tea everyday, multiple times a day. I only drink mineral water for the most part. I gradually eliminated sugar in my coffee and only take a splash of milk now. And I am eating more veggies which I used to hate.

Thank you for reading! I just had to share how rewarding I have found MFP to be.

I totally agree with you here. Well done.
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options

And I am eating more veggies which I used to hate.

Good for you! Before I started MFP, I ate a few veggies. I also ate pretty much the same thing over and over and over. Now that I have to think a little bit about calorie content, I find that I am eating a much greater variety of foods and especially veggies.

Congrats on your progress so far!
  • Eaglesoaring
    Options
    Hi, I have just joined MFP and am so pleased at your success, my diet starts now!
  • james123567
    james123567 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just a thought that may help you. Try adding white kidney beans, or the extract you can buy online to your high carb meals. Also consider eating blueberries & raspberries, although sweet, both fruits contain different substances (blueberry anthocyanins & raspberry ketones) that help stimulate lipolysis (fat break down) and limit the fat your adipocytes (fat cells) can store. Just a thought you may wish to look up anywhere, or trust me, either way you may be pleasantly surprised that your weight loss picks up and you bfp goes down. :-)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    congratulations! you are such an inspiration.
  • Billybea
    Billybea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing
  • doneatfour
    doneatfour Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the encouragement, and jdwhite for the tips!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!