Mindless Eating

Options
Does anyone do this?

I can consume 100's of calories eating chocolate, cakes and crisps etc and really not even notice I've had them! Just continually raiding the cupboards seems so easy, does anyone have any ideas on how to put a massive STOP sign in the way so I think about it before I dive mindlessly in....?

Replies

• PrettyKeli
    PrettyKeli Posts: 29
    Options
    Stop watching television!! lol believe it or not this is a major contributor to mindless eating.

1 because it becomes a habit and you associate watching t.v with eating (also we associate being comfortable w eating)
    2 85% of commercials and shows contain food. This makes you feel the need to eat subconsciously

When dieting, make sure you go on a diet from television as well. Watch youtube videos if you need entertainment. The good thing about them is most people who have shows don't eat while recording and commercials about food are at a minimum ^_^

Also before you snack/eat ask yourself the logical question "WHY?"

it sounds simple but can help big time!!!

If the answer is "I think I'm hungry", you're not hungry lol
    If the answer is "I want something sweet" ask yourself if what your about to eat is the healthiest choice
    If the answer is "I'm hungry" drink 2 glasses of ice cold water, if you are still hungry, EAT

Another tip is figure out if what your about to eat will help or hinder you from achieving your goals. Good Luck! You can do it!
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    my dr gave me the "apple test" if i find i'm wandering off to eat, i'm supposed to ask myself would i still eat it if it were an apple (or any other healthy item). If the answer is yes, then eat an apple or the other healthy item. it really helped to tame my self control.