Options
I am 23 years old and currently weigh 292 pounds, which is good because I was 332 pounds a month ago. I am trying to finally get myself into shape to live a long healthy life. I recently got a new iPhone and downloaded the Myfitnesspal app and have just started using it today. I have not gotten used to it yet but I really hope it helps me on my path to losing weight.

Replies

• Zumby
    Zumby Posts: 2
    Options
    I feel that my calorie intake thing and exercise tools are off or something, it says I should be taking in 2200 calories but that just seems like a lot to me. Considering I work out only 30mins-1hour a day and burn anywhere from 500-1000 calories.
  • chubbybunnie3
    Options
    welcome i'm also new i'm 25 i've been here for three days i'm trying to take off all my baby weight from my past three pregnancy's i'm so scared i'm going to fail at this i had my last baby 10 months ago and i started here at 210 now 205 if you'd like feel free to add me to your friends list
  • HerbT51
    HerbT51 Posts: 36
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It sounds like you are already off to a good start! There is a lot of discussion on this site about exercise & calories. The site's calculator seems to over estimate the calories you burn when you enter your exercise daily. However, when you are starting out, and enter your weight, goal weight, and activity level it does a pretty good job of setting you calorie needs.
    Starting out with a lot of weight to lose, you don't want to shed it too fast. This makes your body think it is starving and it will adjust your metabolism accordingly. Then, if/when you eat more calories you will pack on fat - to prepare for the next famine. Give it 6 months or a year at the suggested calorie intake. If you stick with it, you will see you are slowly losing weight. After that period of time you may wish to readjust your diet goals (and your ability to exercise will have improved, too). Give it a try and see how it works.