new mom trying to lose baby weight+extra

Options
Hi, I am Mom to a beautiful healthy 4 month old baby boy! I used pregnancy as an excuse to eat. I was a smoker until the second I found out I was prego and with no more ciggs I was able to taste things again, and oh boy did everything taste good! When I went into labor I was 255 lbs! I had gained almost 70 lbs!! about a week after delievery I had already lost 35 lbs (my son was 9lbs 12 oz and I had retained a lot of water). In adjusting to the new baby, dealing with the baby blues (mostly steeming from not being able to breast feed) I lost 10 more pounds. Now here I am with a 4 month old and 20 more lbs to pre-baby weight and they aren't budging. I would Ideally like to get down to the weight I was before I met my husband (high school weight) But most of all I'd like to fit into my jeans again. I did away with my stressful job (stepped down to a part time position) and I've been cooking at home much more than before. It has been difficult getting to the Gym because we dont have any other form of daycare (my husband works full time nights & most weekends, I work mornings, and on our days off we try to sleep and spend time together). Any tips for a new mom trying to fit back into her jeans?

25794603.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• chloebarge
    chloebarge Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me. My little girl is 9 months but she was 2 months premature. Although i didn't put that much weight on during pregnancy, having stay inside with her for so long until her immune system developed causes me to snack all day and i got to 30lbs over weight. Ive been on here for about a month and a half now and have lost 15lbs :) Id love to help keep you motivated, good luck with losing the baby weight! xx
  • ckane22312
    ckane22312 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 month old too. I was laid off work and don't have money for the gym. But, since I am home I put in work out DVDs and get to work. I put my little girl in her swing and she seems to enjoy watching me. Often times she just falls asleep. I also like taking her for walks. Every little bit helps. Good luck in loosing the rest of the baby weight.
  • Beautiful_Disaster108
    Options
    Hi :) anybody feel free to add me I have a 9 month old daughter and same thing kinda happened with me when I was pregnant so I gained ALOT more than I wanted and now I'm down to losing my last 25 lbs so I can always use the motivation to keep it up.
  • TXBlueEyes
    Options
    I've got a 7 month old and I gained 40lbs during the pregnancy (I was doing great until the third trimester and then I totally gave in). Then I didn't lose nearly as much giving birth as I thought I would (only 15lb)! The first 5 months, I used BFing as an excuse not to diet or exercise, and I was going to playdates with tons of junk food. My pre-pregnancy weight goal is going to be Sept 3 - 9 months on, 9 months off! I've also decided I want to get to about 5lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight, which was a weight I hit after a year of crazy workouts and changing my food habits for the better, and my goal for that is New Year's Eve.

I've been working out and dieting since mid-May and I've already lost 13lbs and I have about 17lbs to go by 12/31 (12lbs by 9/3). I'm doing the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred on every odd day, but morning and night that day, and biking 15 miles (stationary) every even day. My son is great, because he sleeps a solid 12 hours at night, so I can workout before he wakes up and after he goes to bed. He'll even watch me do cardio while he plays with his toys. I'm glad I waited until I stopped BF, because I am living on caffeine now.