Just one scoop...

Options
dorothytd
dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
So I finally decided to get some protein powder because I keep falling short. I like to eat, eat a variety of foods and really don't want to start making shakes every day. One scoop a day should get me where I'd like to be with my daily protein. I know I can mix it with water or milk... Does anyone have any interesting, tasty ideas for mixing it with other stuff? Oh, and I've tried all the Greek yogurts and just don't like them.... Thank you! dd

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I usually just do water or almond milk. Usually water because i am stingy with my calories. You should try the Greek yogurt again. Add a scoop of the shake and a bit of sweetener and freeze into popsicles. Those are very tasty. I don't really like the yogurt by itself either, not sure why because I love sour cream.

If you like your shakes a bit thicker you can blend with ice and add a pinch of Xanthan gum and that will thicken it up a bit.
  • jldunn713
    jldunn713 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love blending it with frozen bananas for a cold and thick treat. Is is a certain flavor?
  • eslauder
    eslauder Posts: 6
    Options
    I have one for breakfast most days. I just mix the protein powder with 6-8 oz of milk, some baby spinach, a few berries of my choice, maybe a banana, and sometimes a little bit of cocoa. Then I use my handblender and mix it. It tastes good! My daughter told me about putting the spinach in and I thought that sounded disgusting, but the blender chops it up so that you don't taste it at all.
  • chayoxela
    chayoxela Posts: 23
    Options
    I make a latte, but don't add any sweetener. Then I add my protein powder to it, pour the whole thing over ice, and have a tasty iced coffee that provides me with lots of protein.
  • dorothytd
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas, folks!! So far the coffee is winning! I bought chocolate, but can pick up other flavors....
  • okinmaine
    okinmaine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the spinach in the smoothies!! You can't taste it AT ALL! I like chocolate powder with unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 a frozen banana and a handful of frozen berries. Frozen fruit is THE KEY!! I find ice cubes make it taste watery but the frozen fruit makes them really thick.....You could totally have this for a snack! So glad I replied so I reminded myself how much I love them :O)
  • EAlexandraB
    EAlexandraB Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I add mine to my oatmeal. 1/3 cup oats cooked in 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, then add the scoop of protein just before you eat!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I've sprinkled the vanilla protein powder into a bowl of multigrain cheerios with milk...
  • NanaDino4
    NanaDino4 Posts: 63
    Options
    I use coconut water with ice and some kind of fruit and then put it all in my ninja ,,,makes a yummy drink.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    I take mine with water. But I also bake it into things like pancakes, waffles, cupcakes...
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    You can make fruit smoothies, put it in coffee as creamer, use it in pancakes, muffins, cupcakes, cookies.....
  • dorothytd
    Options
    I take mine with water. But I also bake it into things like pancakes, waffles, cupcakes...
    Great! Do you use it in place of sugar? Or just add?
  • XjuliaXannX
    XjuliaXannX Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leanbodylifestyle

This guy has a TON of protein recipes using protein powder
  • dorothytd
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leanbodylifestyle

This guy has a TON of protein recipes using protein powder

Thanks!
  • dorothytd
    Options
    Didn't have much time this morning - mixed one scoop with 4oz of skim and threw it in my coffee to go. NOT BAD! I think I need to buy some vanilla, though...
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    you can mix it with just about anything, even pudding or yogurt.