I want a new protein shake?

Options
So Ive been using the reclaim smart smoothies by complete nutrition for a couple of months and I love them for their taste and low calories. But I'm thinking about trying something new and im not sure what to go with because there's so many options out there.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• dellieve
    dellieve Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is the best on the market in my opinion.

Double Rich Chocolate, Strawberry and Cookies and Cream all taste fantastic :)
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I love optimum nutrition gold standard in double chocolate something and their vanilla ice cream as well.
  • jerrbear67
    jerrbear67 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is one of the best on the market, since it is low in calories, sugar and carbs. And it tastes great.

The best tasting protein out there is Syntha 6, in my opinion. But it is higher in cals, carbs and sugar.
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love Vitasport Protein Synthesis (Pro 7). They have so many flavors, and 34 g of protein per serving. You mix them with water and they are so thick it tastes like you mixed them with milk. I love the Cookies and Cream flavor! 153 calories per serving! I buy mine at Nutrishop, but I'm sure you can find it somewhere else!
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is the best on the market in my opinion.

Double Rich Chocolate, Strawberry and Cookies and Cream all taste fantastic :)

yep Double rich chocolate tastes just like chocolate milk

and if you are lucky enough to find it cake batter is INSANE!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I agree with Optimum Nutrition, such a great brand I think.

I've been using double rich chocolate a lot until recently, really like that flavour but switched last week just to try a new one. I'm using delicious strawberry at the moment and love it!
    I've also tried, choc mint, cookies and cream, strawberry banana, and regular banana.
  • FatgutBgone
    FatgutBgone Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I use "body fortress", I get it at the Wal-Mart , I also like the price much better than most of the others.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I've been trying to figure out which to try as well. I've also had a few people suggest Optimum Nutrition. Is there a place online to get a small container of it to try? I'm not into the idea of buying a huge container of it if I'm not sure I'll love it. Also, does it have fake sugar in it? (Sorry to hi-jack your post).
  • DemOniC_PT
    DemOniC_PT Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use Dymatize Elite Whey, chocolate fudge is really tasty.
    Optimun Nutrition Gold is the best but a bit expensive.
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Another one here for Optimum. Flavours I liked we're: Banana Cream, Coffee, Mocha, Peanut Butter Chocolate. I still wanna try Chocolate Mint. I bought mine online from BodyBuilding dot com.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Hi jacking...sorry, how much chloesterol is on optiminum nutrition ? Doesn't matter what flavor. Would someone please look on their label for me. THANX !!!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to figure out which to try as well. I've also had a few people suggest Optimum Nutrition. Is there a place online to get a small container of it to try? I'm not into the idea of buying a huge container of it if I'm not sure I'll love it. Also, does it have fake sugar in it? (Sorry to hi-jack your post).

GNC stores sell it. They sometimes have sample packets at the store. If you get a gold card then you get 20% off. Probably only worth it if you are going to continue buying it. But the cards are good on all their products. I usually get the Pro Performance. I think it tastes great and mixes well in water.
  • tcdc86
    tcdc86 Posts: 14
    Options
    I love the GNC Total Lean Shakes! They taste great especially the Swiss Chocolate and they dont have a bad after taste like many of the shakes do. Its only 170 calories and low in carbs and sugars!! You get 4 shakes for $10 so I didnt think $2.50 a meal was to bad either considering a fast food meal always cost upwards of $7. or more.
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I use designer whey in vanilla and blend it with nonfat milk and strawberries. It is pretty decent. :)
  • Monee916
    Monee916 Posts: 11
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition does have great protein powder. bodybuilding.com sells 1 lb containers at a resonable price.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I like ON too, but be careful of Cookies and Cream if you want to limit or avoid high-fructose corn syrup. For some bizarre reason that flavor contains it where others do not, a fact I did not discover until after I bought it and started using it.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I used to own a sports nutrition store and tried over 100 protein powders over the years. My current top 3 based on taste are:

1.Trutein by TruNutrition Sciences.
    2.Ultra Peptide by Xtreme Formulations
    3. Protean by Iforce.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I love the GNC Total Lean Shakes! They taste great especially the Swiss Chocolate and they dont have a bad after taste like many of the shakes do. Its only 170 calories and low in carbs and sugars!! You get 4 shakes for $10 so I didnt think $2.50 a meal was to bad either considering a fast food meal always cost upwards of $7. or more.

I also use these.
    They taste good and they help crave my sugar tooth too - while not being high in calories.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress is my fave!! I love the Chocolate and also the Fruit Punch!
  • SmileeBarbFLA
    Options
    I love my Arbonne shakes. Best ones I've tasted. The GNC Lean tasted good but didn't fill me up like these do.
    20g of Vegan protein, I add different things to them to change up the flavor, and I just love them. I got some of my coworkers hooked on them too. Also they don't have that "gritty" texture I've found in other products. DELISH!!

http://www.arbonnemarketing.com/PK/dl/pk/2069_us_eng.pdf