SLIGHT Binge

Options
Hi All,

had a bit of a binge on Saturday night, i did have an excuse it was my 30th, had 3 beers (131 cals each) and 2 glasses of Red wine (165 cals each) also had 3 pastizzi (ricotta and spinach) i did eat some carrots and celery with the homemade tuna and avocado dips. i was on my feet all night either walking around making sure everyone was enjoying themselves or i was dancing so i guess that burnt a few cals. i was straight back on the horse on Sunday and I played a huge game of basketball.

My point is every now and again we need to let our hair down as we are all human and denying ourselves of the little treats all the time will only send us crazy and will make us permanently derail from of healty and fit lifestyles that we are striving to achieve.

Thanks for listening.
John

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    That's no binge.
    That's just a dip on the progress chart.
    Call it a "free day", and move on. No Big Deal.
    When would it become an issue? If you string days like this back to back.
    I have a weekly "free day" and eat like a government mule - a total food orgy - LOVE IT :drinker:

Your little evening of fun? Nothing to worry about. Just get back on track today, and
    Keep Punching!
  • LarStar
    LarStar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a night of letting yourself off the hook and then jumping right back on the success train! Nice Job & I totally agree about letting yourself enjoy. I think that if you can eat in it a controlled way, it is better than worrying about the food and letting it completely take over your night. Sounds like you did a great job of keeping it in control!

Happy Belated Birthday!!
  • nyteyz82
    nyteyz82 Posts: 43
    Options
    Today (Monday) for me is the second day after the event and i was back on the health horse yesterday (Sunday). All's good and I feel renewed.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Today (Monday) for me is the second day after the event and i was back on the health horse yesterday (Sunday). All's good and I feel renewed.
    Nice Work - Success Is A Choice!
  • MaverickUK2K
    Options
    How was it a "binge"? Did you go above your calorie goal? If not, it's not a binge, or anything that resembles the word.
  • Mrs16
    Mrs16 Posts: 86
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed your birthday! Don't worry about a bad day - you said you're getting back on the horse -good for you.
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    How is that a binge? It sounds like you probably just maintained.
  • nyteyz82
    nyteyz82 Posts: 43
    Options
    i called it a binge due to the alcohol more than the food, I haven't touched a drop since i started MFP.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    That's no binge.
    That's just a dip on the progress chart.
    Call it a "free day", and move on. No Big Deal.
    When would it become an issue? If you string days like this back to back.
    I have a weekly "free day" and eat like a government mule - a total food orgy - LOVE IT :drinker:

Your little evening of fun? Nothing to worry about. Just get back on track today, and
    Keep Punching!

This.
  • jessickahhh
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up:) let this be your cheat day.
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    If you can't have a slight binge or otherwise on your Birthday, then when can you?!!

Happy big 30!