insanity

Options
im on day 2 and im liking how it really gets me sweating. however i cant do a pushup for the life of me. am i the only one? do you think it was ok for me to modify that part slightly? like im doing them on my knees ??? i need to build strength i guess.

Replies

• andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    ive been doing p90x for a year & started insanity not too long ago i always had to modify because i couldnt do the pushups & pullups now i can do pushups with my 2 yr old on my back so keep modifying but keep pushing play
  • Emmy248
    Emmy248 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey,
    I can't do a pushup either. I think it's all about building strength.
    Just keep doing them on your knees or try a plank and you'll get stronger.
    Good luck!
  • sheilamellati
    Options
    insanity is meant to challenge you. Sean T knows that you won't be able to do the entire video without stopping when you first start out. However, do not modify the exercises because if you do you won't ever learn how to do them correctly. Do as many pushups as you can do, and each day strive to do a couple more. I'm on week 4 and can do the full video with minimal stopping to take a breath. Work hard and you will be surprised at what your body is able to do at the end of the program. Dig Deeper!
  • babydoll0873
    babydoll0873 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I finished week one today. I'm modifying push ups as well. I know I'll get there!! So will you!! :smile:
  • lindylubilou
    lindylubilou Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30ds but also can't do push ups so do them on my knees. I'm sure eventually I'll be able to, so will you :)
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Definitely fine to take breaks or modify the exercises. Just do what you can. And as you keep going I promise it will get easier.
  • tcpowell25
    tcpowell25 Posts: 292
    Options
    This is my 2nd time doing Insanity. I've done P90X as well and both video series state to modify until you can build up the strength. When I first started I couldn't do push ups or pull ups. I modified by doing planks and push ups on my knees until I got there. You have to keep at it. Don't get discouraged. Eventually you will be able to do a proper push up.
  • kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options
    I have to do knee pushups for Insanity right now too! Working up to the real thing!!
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start month two tomorrow! Its perfectly ok to modify where you need to as long as you keep pushing. I started off doing regular pushups, as many as I could, and finishing with girl pushups, but now its all regular pushups for me. I've done P90x, although not all the way through it, and now Insanity, I plan on finishing this one, I love it and I want that shirt ;) Good luck you can do it!!
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Whether it's Insanity or P90X, it's absolutely ok to modify the moves to fit your needs. It's a strategy that allows you to participate in the programs and continue to build up until you don't even need the modifications. The important thing is that you are moving your body, sweating, toning and on your way to a hotter you!