Which game to get for the Wii Fit Balance Board?

Options
My husband was nice enough to surprise me with a Wii Fit and Balance Board this week, because I've been doing so well with my weight loss. However, I'm not that impressed with the actual game that came with it. This afternoon I've spent more then an hour doing various exercises, but because all the waffling and menu swapping in between it only came down to 30 minutes of actual exercise.Not a very good ratio.

I've started looking at various other games for the Wii Fit Board, and since we're on a (very limited) budget, I can't afford to pick up multiple games right now.

EA Active 2 looks very good, is the most expensive of the lot, and I'm a bit worried it might be too advanced. Thanks to being obese and having bad knees I can't manage stuff like push-ups and jumping jacks. While I'm sure it's a very good program, I'm worried it will be too hard and I'm better off leaving it for later.

Wii Fit Plus should fix some of the problems with the version I have since it allows you to set up exercise routines, but is it worth it getting if I already own Wii Fit? Does it still have a bad exercise/trainer waffle ratio?

My Fitness Coach (Cardio, Get in Shape, Dance) looks like a good bet as well. I can get Get In Shape for pretty cheap second hand, but it doesn't use the Balance board which would be a shame since we only just got that, the others cost more.

Which one would be the best bet for me? Anyone got any experience with the various options? Any other options out there that use the balance board that would be good for me?

Replies

• SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Anyone? No one has used the wii for exercise or has experience with the various games/programmes?
  • Spudeata
    Spudeata Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've got one, but haven't gone outside of the game it was supplied with, would be interested in other people's experience as well :happy:
  • ylime412
    ylime412 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like Wii fit plus so much more than the original one. It has a lot more exercises and options that make it more of an actual workout than just a game. I haven't tried the other games that you mentioned, but wii fit plus is really good!
  • Essex2012
    Essex2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Sorcha, I got EA active a few weeks ago & really like it, I wouldn't worry about being too unfit, I certainly am & find it ok, very cheap in the uk at mo too, sainsburys r doing it for £7.99
  • MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I like Active 2 much better than the original Wii fit. Since you've brought it up, this makes me want to dust my balance board off and kick it :)
  • Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I used the Wii for most of my weight loss in the beginning! I have Wii Fit Plus, My Fitness Coach and a couple others that I can't think of right now. LOL My Fitness Coach has helped me the most! You have the option of increasing the difficulty of the workouts as many times as you like so I always at least increase it twice and do a 30 min workout with my aerobic step. You can add equipment you have such as weights, aerobic step and 2 others and it will incorporate those into the workout. You also can pick which area you want to work on each time or go with her recommendation. The last few days I've went back to the Wii Fit Plus game and have been doing the free run, I think that's what it's called..it calculates how far you run and times you. I enter that into MFP for the calorie burn number. It just makes working out more fun for me sometimes. I also have Zumba Rush I believe and it's quite a good workout too! Have fun with your Wii! :)
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.

To be honest, I'll probably end up with several of them. :laugh: For now I've ordered Wii Fit Plus since I already started with Wii Fit Anyway, and I'll ask my mother in law to keep an eye out for EA Active in the the UK. I haven't seen it for less then €20 here in Ireland.
    I might get My Fitness Coach and some equipment for my birthday in September, by then I'll probably love a change, and perhaps one of the Zumba ones too.

Gaming to get fit really appeals to the geek in me, lol.