NO ONE is perfect

Options
2»

Replies

• skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Something in the universe loves me. Something in the universe loves the entity that is me. I would choose to call this something "God", a singular spark that dwells in the soul of every living being. If you look inside yourself you will find that spark too. You will. But you have to look deep. Love your faults. Embrace them. If God embraces them, then how can they be faults? Love yourself. You have to love yourself. If we don't love ourselves, how can we love others? And when we know what we are, then we can find the truth out about others, seek what they are; the truth about them. And you know what the truth is? The truth about them? About you? About me? Do you? The truth is, we're all perfect. Just as we are. God only loves that which is perfect and he loves you. He loves you because you are perfect. You are perfect. Just as you are.
    This is silly to me. God's love has nothing to do with perfection. God loves us despite our imperfections. None of us is perfect. But, God loves us any way. We can all strive to be better, and that's a great goal, but we are human beings. We all have room for improvement.
    [/quote]

well said. The Bible teaches us to compare ourselves to God, NOT each other....ouch huh?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    this is one of my favorite tv quotes. even if you are not religious (which i'm not) i hope you find some meaning in it.
    Something in the universe loves me. Something in the universe loves the entity that is me. I would choose to call this something "God", a singular spark that dwells in the soul of every living being. If you look inside yourself you will find that spark too. You will. But you have to look deep. Love your faults. Embrace them. If God embraces them, then how can they be faults? Love yourself. You have to love yourself. If we don't love ourselves, how can we love others? And when we know what we are, then we can find the truth out about others, seek what they are; the truth about them. And you know what the truth is? The truth about them? About you? About me? Do you? The truth is, we're all perfect. Just as we are. God only loves that which is perfect and he loves you. He loves you because you are perfect. You are perfect. Just as you are.

Wow, you really, really like Battlestar Galactica.

best show ever
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    My nose is unsymettrical :cry:
  • LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Options
    NO ONE is perfect

Are you calling my momma a lier? :/
    Mine too?? :sad:
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I thought I had erred once, but I was mistaken.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Pointing out all the ways that everyone could have flaws is in itself pushing perfection (making perfection an issue when it was not already the motivation). What you promote may seem like pushing perfection to one person, and what they enjoy may seem like striving for perfection to you (and you don't know what personal health issues are motivating their choices or not). I think the point is that we should each do what we want and what we enjoy and not even make "perfection" an issue or a factor. If someone gets cancer will you say, "I told you so, haha"? I don't think you would do that.
  • megmanning
    megmanning Posts: 20
    Options
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Chuck Norris?
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Chuck Norris?

HA! Chuck trumps all

OP: great post. So true and I should tape that to my bathroom mirror.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    LIES! LIES, I TELL YOU!

I am perfect.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Chuck Norris?

Got beaten by Bruce Lee.

*Lawyered!*
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Well said. Do your best, forget the rest

Like.
  • arkane321
    arkane321 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am quite perfectly flawed
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    NO ONE is perfect

Are you calling my momma a lier? :/
    No. Delusioned, yes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Arredondo145
    Arredondo145 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m6pu5pyiFC1qmbaulo1_400.jpg

Love, Love, Love this! I want to post it in my mid-school classroom!
    Thank you!:happy:
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Chuck Norris?

Got beaten by Bruce Lee.

*Lawyered!*
    Not before landing a Dim Mak!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Chuck Norris?

Got beaten by Bruce Lee.

*Lawyered!*
    Not before landing a Dim Mak!
    No, no, no, that's VAN DAMME!!!! Chuck Norris smacked Bruce with a TOTAL GYM!

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    leenorris.jpg
  • ttlmallen
    ttlmallen Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder. I so appreciate your posts.