Bread Options?

Options
JlSimon22
JlSimon22 Posts: 73 Member
Hi everyone,
I'm tryind to find better bread ideas that aren't so processed. Any tips or alternative suggestions?

Thank you :)

Replies

• maximus3635
    Options
    sprout bread
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Can you whip up your own recipe in one of those bread-makers? That sounds like fun although I don't have a breadmaker. denise:drinker: :drinker:
    Hi everyone,
    I'm tryind to find better bread ideas that aren't so processed. Any tips or alternative suggestions?

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Can you whip up your own recipe in one of those bread-makers? That sounds like fun although I don't have a breadmaker. denise:drinker: :drinker:
    Hi everyone,

Maybe do it the old fashioned way in the oven :tongue: I buy Nature's Own whole wheat, a bit more expensive but it's hearty and only 50 cals a slice.
  • mrsmoma
    mrsmoma Posts: 9
    Options
    I like Nature's Own 100% whole wheat or the flat out bread light italian or whole wheat. I take the italian flat out, brush with a tiny bit of olive oil and load on tons of sautéed veggies (onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, jalapenos) then top with about a about 2 T of of skim mozz OR 1.5 T of parm then top the cheese with a few thin slices of tomato and fresh basil leaves. Bake in the oven until crispy - a great sub for high carb/fat pizza when the craving hits!
  • PastryWizKid
    PastryWizKid Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    whole grain rye bread is good but it must me WHOLE GRAIN no wheat flour or any of that other crap also authentic pumpernickel bread you can tell its real because it should be dense and pretty heavy for its size
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I ordered some Julian Bakery Paleo Coconut bread Saturday and can't wait to try them.
  • Tots77
    Tots77 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love the breads from Julian Bakery.

http://www.julianbakery.com/
  • JlSimon22
    Options
    Thank you everyone! :)
  • JlSimon22
    Options
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Ezekial 4:9
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    La Tortilla High Protein Low Carb.
    For the most part has eliminated eating high calorie and high carb bread.
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Dave's killer bread! It's full of NOTHING processed. It's full of healthy seeds, and I just love it!
    He makes a light version in two flavors (65 calories per piece) and then a bunch of others that are higher calories.
    The Ezekiel bread to me is dry. Dave's is not. I keep it in the freezer and take a couple pieces out
    every other day. I can make a 200 calorie sandwich on it with mustard, low fat cheese and turkey!
  • LowCarbRossana
    Options
    I like the Health Express one net carb breads, I get them at Viva Low Carb close to home.
  • ljaroch
    ljaroch Posts: 64
    Options
    My favorite is Ezekial 4:9

I was so against this bread..until I tried it lol. I love bread, even whole wheat, but my husband wanted to try Ezekial 4:9 when we started eating clean and I didn't try the whole first loaf, just reading everything in it and it's story I was like, no way is this edible. Then this next loaf I finally tried a slice. Surprise! I pretty much tasted like regular wheat bread. I felt foolish but live and learn. I think everyone should give this bread a try.