Struggling

Options
So I am definitely struggling with life at the moment. Who isn't though?

I am back at my original weight. With everything that has been going on recently I have gained back all my weight and am back at square one. I am so very depressed. I was doing so good there for a while. I just really need some support and someone that knows what I am going through to understand. I really don't know what to do any more.

I suppose in time of big change the transition can be a struggle and for me it definitely has been. I am really very depressed right now and have toyed with the thought of just eating very little from now on because I am so scared to gain anymore weight.

I don't know. I am just really looking for some inner motivation and strength but honestly I am not sure I have any left.

Maybe soon enough this big change will not be such a big deal and I will be able to jump back on the band wagon but until then I will just watch my calories super close and exercise like I know I should.

Its just so hard right now. I could really use some friends. Hit me up. Thanks

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Hey there. It is especially hard to feel motivated after gaining back some weight. The fear of continuing to gain is very present but at the same time the task of getting back on track feels enormous. Feel free to add me if you need someone to talk to. It's never to late to make a change. Just promise me you won't do anything drastic as far as your food intake. I know it's tempting to crash diet to try and get back to where you were, but it's not worth it in the long run to harm your body. Treat yourself well and you will get back on track. I know you can do it :)
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a stranger from the internet, but I just wanted to send you some ((HUGS)).

"There is no failure except in no longer trying." -- Elbert Hubbard

Tomorrow you will get a clean slate, a new beginning. Just keep swimming!
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Another internet stranger wanting to give you a hug! I've lost and gained weight twice before (at least 50 lbs). This is my third time and I am TERRIFIED of gaining even a little back. I try to look at eating as a mathematical equation. Calories in vs Calories out. I also try to find something else to focus on when I'm feeling down. Sometimes I win that battle, sometimes I don't. I just forgive myself and move on. It's what you eat, not necessarily how much you eat. Maybe do a healthy foods only shopping trip. Write your goals down and post them around your kitchen so when you have the urge to eat something not good for you, you remember why you started this lifestyle change.

You can do this! Hang in there!
  • noraidaj
    noraidaj Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    AnLettau : I am above my original weight even exercising 7days a week doesnt seemed enough!. The fact that I stuffed my face more than what I need. But, there comes a quote 'Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did' - Newt Gingrich. So, here I am again to resume my journey of weight loss and maintenance. May we all be successful in the end!
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    You can add me. We all have had good times and bad times. Just remember there is bound to be good times to come! You're working at it, so think as positive as you can and you'll be back in the swing of things in no time! :flowerforyou:
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over too. You're not alone. We can do this together. One step at a time. Get back to logging foods and try to get just a little extra movement in each day. We'll get there!!!!
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I think that we have all gone through periods like this (or will) and it really sucks - sorry to hear you are struggling.

If there is one bit of advice that I could give you that worked for me when I was going through a similar time, it would be try to focus on just one or two small changes instead of being overwhelmed by everything at once.

So for example - if you know you are drinking soda or sugary stuff - for right now, just try to not do that one bad thing. Eventually, try to not do a second bad thing. Then after you are not doing a couple of bad things - take a walk. Then take that walk the same time every night...

You might be surprised at how just focusing on one small change can help you get back on the right track...
  • llonka
    llonka Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling too. I hope you find motivation and get back on track. maybe we can do it together! *hugs* Tomorrow is a new day, let's make it a great one!:flowerforyou:
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    LOL i'm struggling too.....I started about a month ago at 185. Been doing heavy weight training, walking, running, moving more in general. Cleaned up the diet MAJORLY. Been losing a few inches here n' there and generally feeling good. I promised myself I was not going to weigh myself since i've been feeling great, clothes fitting better, etc.

So I get on the scale today, about a month later...............182. ALL THIS WORK AND I ONLY LOST 3 FREAKIN' DAMN &*^&%^%^$%&^%&^&**(*)()_(_))__*&^%&%$%$#@ pounds!!!!!?????? :noway:

I almost cried and wanted to pig out sooooooooooo bad tonite! I'm just gonna keep going though. And i'm not weighing myself anymore LOL. I'm going through menopause, but just finished had a cycle, something I haven't had for the past 9 months or so (I know TMI sorry!!) But maybe that's it oh i don't know what's going on but

hang in there we will be OK!!!! :laugh:
  • redmcgee1
    redmcgee1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I struggle alot, I have gained all mine that I lost also and it only took a few weeks to gain it back and took forever to lose it. Why is this such a mind battle...I guess we just take one day at a time and when we fall we just have to get back up again and look ahead not back. I am gonna add you as a friend.
  • AnLettau
    AnLettau Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you for all the positive feedback. I really appreciate it. Everyone has struggles, and I realize that. So I thank you all for sharing. It has really been uplifting knowing that I am not going through these struggles alone.

THANK YOU!!
  • savanah1003
    Options
    Just read your post and wanted to give you a few words of encouragement. Your exercise may be gaining muscle which weighs more than fat. That may be why you haven't lost weight. Buy look on the bright side your losing inches which is more important.
  • camiah
    camiah Posts: 146
    Options
    I'm back trying to lose weight too. The only times I've ever seemed to lose a significant amount of weight (more than 20 pounds) was when I was taking Adderall. Which is really a depressing thought, that the only way I can lose weight is to take amphetamines. I struggle with making the best decisions as well, with staying the course even when it is no fun, and not binge eating. Losing that struggle is what keeps me fat and unhappy. Change is hard, and it pisses me off sometimes precisely how hard it is. I'm still in the honeymoon phase of this go-round of behavior modification, so it doesn't seem so bad right now. But the temptation is still there, lurking, to go get my binge food. Just one time. Once. Never again, after that. Which is what I always tell myself, and I always go back to my old habits. So yes, we do all struggle. The key, like you mentioned, is the support of people to help carry you through the struggle and know that other people are struggling, succeeding, and failing along with you. What matters is that you keep up the struggle. Good luck with yours. Friend request on its way!
  • shannonmaria
    shannonmaria Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I completely understand!! I lost about 40 lbs. two years ago and have gained every single pound back plus a few.. Over the past few months I have been really beating myself up about it and wondering how I could let this happen. It's really effected me in a negative way. I've been on and off MFP for the past year, but have never really stuck to faithfully logging my food intake and keeping within my calorie range.
    I've done a ton of thinking today about my weight issue. I've decided that the first thing I need to do in order to lose weight is be more positive towards myself. I'm really gonna try hard and just take things one day at a time. I normally don't post things on here but I have a few times today and it's been really therapeutic. The amount of support is awesome!!!
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you ever need to chat!
  • AnLettau
    AnLettau Posts: 11
    Options
    Today was definitely a better day food wise and exercise wise. Got under my caloric goal and got in a little exercise with the pup. Still feeling about the same but one day at a time. ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Thanks for all the feedback!