there goes my motivation....

Options
Hi started eating better a month ago. Also I've being doing 20-30min/day on Stationary bicycle (always trying to keep it above 100rpm). After loosing almost 8kg, I've decided to give a try to some "fitness program". Tried insanity fit test (glad I saw it on youtube instead of buying it)... Not even on the third exercise and I was already dying :-S then went to try P90... no way. I started feeling dizzy right after the "warm up"...

This is it for my motivation... I just feel like driving to mcdonnald's a get a big fat burger :-S

Replies

• mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! It takes time and patience to build up to something like P90x or Insanity. Try something a little less "extreme" to start out.
  • drewols
    drewols Posts: 77
    Options
    I would think that would motivate you to work harder not drive to Mcdonalds
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up. Even though you are not ready for insanity or p90x now does not mean that you should quit. Keep at it.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Exactly what I was thinking. When I first started working out and realized how badly out of shape and weak I was, it was a big kick in the pants to make progress.

You've only been at it a month, you're not going to become an amazing athlete after such a short time. Biking doesn't prepare you for doing other exercises so of course P90 and Insanity and such are going to be incredibly hard. It's incredibly hard for EVERYONE when they first get started. That's kinda the point. If it were easy, everyone would be in shape!
  • larnsperger
    larnsperger Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    P90X and Insanity are designed for people who are already fairly active. My hubby is extremely fit and thin and he had to build up to both of those programs over time. I would not even attempt either one. At 53 I have no desire for such "insanity".

If you stick with this and keep up with the bike before you know it you will be able to do more and more. The body is amazing and responds well, it just takes time.

DO NOT DRIVE TO MCDONALDS!!!!

You have already made good progress! Keep it up!
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Think about the day you re-try the fit test and make it through! Or just take a rest and keep at it when you catch your breath.
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Oh hun, don't be discouraged! You're starting a new fitness program, of course you're going to be winded! Think of it as an exciting new adventure! When you first started exercising and eating healthy, I'm sure it wasn't easy, you just need to get at it and work as hard as you did before :) You can do it!
  • Dottiesweet
    Dottiesweet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! A burger will make you happy now but when you gain back those 8kg you will only be more depressed. Try a workout that is less intense like Julian Michaels or The biggest loser workout.

Never Give Up!
  • pfdn
    pfdn Posts: 8
    Options
    from what I've seen on youtube, I wouldn't even dare to try p90x :-) this was p90 (the "softer" one).. fortunately before jumping and buying the thing, there's youtube were I could see these weren't for me.... at least not yet...
  • sofia0586
    sofia0586 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    most people fail at sustainable healthy lifestyle because they go too hard / too fast.

you can't go from couch to insanity in 1 day, nor can you go from burgers and fries to only leafy greens in a day (not that that's healthy)

you gotta do it slowly and at your pace. don't compare yourselves to other.
    keep on that bike! maybe try a run or some aerobics to build your stamina.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Insanity is...well insane. My brother and his fiancee who work out all the time and run miles everyday for fun as well as go to the gym and teach classes both said Insanity kicked their butts when they started it. The first time I did an Insanity workout, I had to take breaks in the warm up.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Try something different until you find something that suits your fitness level right now!!
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! You'll feel better about it tomorrow!! Trust me. I tried P90X and I was SUCKING so bad, so I switched to something less intimidating... Crossfit at my own pace, then I worked my way up to running. Now I feel ready to take on the world. You can do it, just don't give up! Find something else you'll like!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^
    THIS
    People can offer you encouragement and inspiration but true motivation is all internal.
    We either have that drive or need to find a way to ignite it.
    Come on man - BUCK UP!
  • ashtynplatt
    ashtynplatt Posts: 364
    Options
    Don't give up!! I hated p90x and all of those. Trying doing something you enjoy! I do curves, Zumba, walking, swimming, a little running, or fun dancing work out videos. Try something like those and have some fun!!
  • RegalSeagull
    Options
    If you can't run, jog. If you can't jog, walk. Find your fitness level and build up from there. Don't make the mistake of doing something you aren't prepared for and demotivating yourself. Start slow and build your confidence.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    i see a lot of people talking about jillian micheals 30 day shred that is free on youtube
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    First time Insanitiy / P90x, etc. is going to be a challenge for practically anyone. Give yourself a break; don't be so hard on yourself. I'm a fan of the elliptical myself. When I first got on one, I could barely do 5 minutes - I had to stick with it and build my endurance. This would apply to plenty of folks besides me.

What good would it do to go to McDonald's? Just give you something else to beat yourself up about afterwards? Why sabotage your progress thus far over something like that?

I hope you can turn your thought process around and focus on being good to yourself. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    from what I've seen on youtube, I wouldn't even dare to try p90x :-) this was p90 (the "softer" one).. fortunately before jumping and buying the thing, there's youtube were I could see these weren't for me.... at least not yet...

I'm on day 61 of P90 (Power 90). It's tough for a bigger person but it is absolutely doable. Just hit the pause button if you need a break, watch your form and modify. I *still* can't do yoga and I'm only now able to do chair dips. I can't do running lunges so I instead jog in place. Just do what you can and give yourself the satisfaction knowing you tried your best. Even if you can't do every little exercise or at their pace, do what you can.
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    DO NOT GIVE UP!!! I am doing Supreme90Day (spin off of P90X) and I know its hard but you do what you can at your own pace and work your way up and well if that is not your kind of work out try other things but do not give up. You will feel so much better when you push yourself to do better instead of reaching for a Big Mac.. Hang in there!!!