Constipated 2 year old

Options
2»

Replies

• pippid
    pippid Posts: 3
    Options
    Use dried apricots or fig newtons (try one or two and wait for a quick reaction). They've always worked IMMEDIATELY with my four kids. Make sure your toddler doesn't have a loose diaper or loose-fitting clothes, because it happens fast.
  • tjblack
    tjblack Posts: 122
    Options
    Once you get them unconstipated, try switching their foods to high fiber; sneak Nutrigrain toaster waffles; add oat bran to bisquick pancakes, and fruit like bananas, shredded apple, etc.

My kids have never had a problem with it, because they are used to all the high fiber in the fruit, orange slices, etc.

Be careful of the fruit, some fruits like bananas bind you up. Other fruits like apples help move things along.
  • bmayfield
    bmayfield Posts: 25
    Options
    I agree with prune juice and plenty of water! If I couldn't get my kids to drink it, I would use a medicine dropper and give them a little bit at a time (spread out over 30 minutes or so) until I got a couple of ounces in them. Always worked and they didn't taste too much of it. They didn't complain!

Good luck.
    Betty
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Well..... she finally pooped!!!
    It took all morning for the prune juice to work but she finally did it thank goodness.
    *sigh of relief!*

~Joanna:flowerforyou: