Snacks in office job

Options
Hello

Does anyone have any good snack ideas for an office job to keep me away from the chocolate and sweets that are easy to prepare? I am a bit of a picker and when I get fidgety I go for the chocolate. There is a mini shop in my office building with chocolate bars and pick n mix, help!

Replies

• BKCrake
    BKCrake Posts: 1
    Options
    Hiya. I find it hard to stay away from the biscuits and chocolates that are constantly on offer in my office too! I have found that having a small bag of mixed seeds, nuts and dried fruit helps keep the chocolate attacks at bay. Being prepared is a must, otherwise it is too easy to get side tracked and to stay focused. Good luck!!
  • kaitiebeth89
    kaitiebeth89 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Some of my fav snacks include pre-cut veggies with ranch dip, granola bars (I like Nature Valley), yogurt, 100 calorie bag of popcorn, pretzel crisps, and apple slices.
  • EAlexandraB
    EAlexandraB Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I bring apple slices with peanut butter, grapes, cherries, and carrot "chips" with hummus to work with me. They're pretty easy to munch on while you work.
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Almonds or your favorite nut
    fresh Fruit
    Veggies and hummus
    caramel or chocolate mini rice cakes
    dry cereal
    oats N' honey bar
    etc.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit, I always cut up an apple and an orange
    Homemade trail mix (don't put the unhealthy things in!)
    Veggies (cut up carrots)
  • laurennburcham
    laurennburcham Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    why don't you just take a 100 calorie pack of chocolate covered pretzels that way you get what your wanting but in a smaller amount. or even fiber one has chocolate brownies that are pretty good for only 90 calories. thats what ive been doing.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Aim for something that will fill you up, such as a piece of fruit combined with cottage cheese, or a hard boiled egg and a handful of nuts and dried fruits. Hard boiled eggs are very good too. Think filling things, as the more full you are, the less likely you are to think of chocolate and such things.
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I pack snacks for morning and afternoon in my lunch box. Here are some of my favorites....

fresh fruit
    packaged fruits such as applesauce, peaches, pears, mixed fruit/ all packed in juice/no sugar
    cocoa covered almonds
    any nuts
    low sodium beef jerky
    Adkins bars (I do the low carb when possible)
    celery w/peanut butter
    apples w/peanut butter
  • Missi3601
    Missi3601 Posts: 264
    Options
    I've been taking peanut butter & celery, pretzels, the 100 calorie granola bars, fiber one bars- they're easy to toss in my desk drawer and yet they dont always tempt me... I also found that I now like rice crispy treats from time to time- they're about 90 calories. I never ate them prior to my eating habits changing but now its like that hits that sweet spot and keeps me in a good calorie range
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I usually bring some type of fruit whether it be strawberries, apples, or oranges.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Agree with graelwyn. Go for protein or fat as they fill you up. Greek yogurt, string cheese, low sodium jerkey, hummus/guacamole and veggies are more to add to her list.

If you must have chocolate buy the dark chocolate kisses. Dark chocolate is good for you and because it is richer you will enjoy a smaller amount.
  • JewelsDeLuz
    Options
    Dried or fresh fruits and nuts or seeds. Pumpkin seeds are really nutritious, in fact all seeds are good because they have protein and generally good fats. You just have to look at what size/how much a serving is. Usually it's about a quarter of a cup, because they are pretty dense. Unhulled pumpkin seeds are good because there's a lot of time needed to chew them down and the extra fiber is good for you.

My summer favorite has been almonds and cherries, although it's tough to find an inconspicuous place for the pits.
  • giftieetcetera
    giftieetcetera Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If chocolate is the craving, get some cocoa powder and add a bit to your coffee (for very few calories). Or make your own trail mix, and add just a few dark chocolate chips so that it feels like real chocolate. (I like honey nut cheerios, almond slices, peanuts, and chocolate chips. But be careful to measure out servings - can get high cal.) Also low cal and chocolate? Strawberries, bananas, and marshmallows, rolled in cocoa powder and splenda (mixed together). Small pieces of dark chocolate are pretty low cal, too.

I like Peanut Butter and Company's Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter. Careful, at 170 calories a serving, but would last longer than the same thing in a candy bar.

Also, bring a chocolate drizzle and drizzle over fruit. Feels decadent.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I just got hungry.....stealing some of these ideas!