10 pounds in 2 weeks. GO!

Options
Hey everyone!

I'm planning a trip out to AZ to visit friends and family but I've gained so much weight and haven't been doing well to get back on track. Now I need to lose at least 10 pounds in 2 weeks. First of all, is it possible? If so, what ideas do you all have? Meal plans, workouts, etc etc. Anything would be really helpful~

Thanks for the support and advice!

Replies

• inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    To lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks, you have to burn 35,000 calories in 14 days, and if your body naturally burns 1,700 calories a day (just an example) just by existing, you would still have 11,200 calories to burn over 14 days. So, if you can (1) not eat anything and (2) burn 800 calories a day in addition to what your body naturally burns, you may lose 10 pounds. My guess is that after a few days your body would stall from lack of nutrition. So... probably not possible. Unless you're talking water weight.

There are temporary measures you can take - special body wraps at a spa that basically dehydrate your body so you lose a clothing size, for example. This is obviously temporary and you only lose water weight, but it's better than killing yourself.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    To lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks, you have to burn 35,000 calories in 14 days, and if your body naturally burns 1,700 calories a day (just an example) just by existing, you would still have 11,200 calories to burn over 14 days.
    That's only true if she ate zero food.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    My advice is to accept yourself at the weight you are. You don't have much to lose so 10 pounds is a significant loss, and it's not reasonable to expect it to happen in 2 weeks. Plus, your friends and family don't care.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Not unless you have a ton of water weight. Age your weight, it will be difficult to cut 2 lbs of FAT in that time.
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    To lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks, you have to burn 35,000 calories in 14 days, and if your body naturally burns 1,700 calories a day (just an example) just by existing, you would still have 11,200 calories to burn over 14 days.
    That's only true if she ate zero food.

Exactly. Sorry if I wasn't clear - I don't want to give the impression that I think losing 10 pounds in 2 weeks isn't the worst weight loss goal I've ever heard.
  • supertuffy86
    Options
    Why on Earth would you come up with such an unrealistically (and unhealthy) goal? You should just eat healthy and plans some fun outings while you're there, not be obsessing about your weight.
  • SieSie76
    SieSie76 Posts: 60
    Options
    So I don't have to worry while I'm there and so that I can feel comfortable in a swim suit. Yes, it is VERY unreasonable but I'm so unhappy with how things turned out. I've gotten weak from being sick and am having trouble exercising again. My stamina and strength are gone.

Just wanted to see if it was really possible but judging from everyone's response, doesn't sound it. Not in a good way at least.