would like some info

Options
mgrubbe85
mgrubbe85 Posts: 41 Member
I currently count my calories, and eat just turkey and chicken for meat, no red meat at all. Would like to know if anyone has any yummy recipies or food suggestions. I do not eat fish though.. thank you all..

Replies

• MrsMangler
    MrsMangler Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've been a little obsessed with this spinach salad I've been making. Lots of spinach, 2 oz of Boar's head low sodium turkey (from the deli) strawberries, avocado, maybe some chopped sweet onion (raw) and Paul Newman's Lite Honey Mustard dressing. Easy to throw together.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    There are so many things, but I'll only list a few:

Tacos - Turkey ground meat is an awesome replacement to beef because it has less fat and you really can't taste the difference with the taco seasoning.

Burgers - Same thing. I haven't got into turkey burgers so much but I also haven't found a great recipe to mix with the meat. There are a million things you can mix it with including onions, peppers, garlic, salsa ect.

Fajitas - I love chicken fajitas. Cut your chicken up in strips and pan fry with peppers and onions.

Quesadillas - Cut your chicken into tiny cubes and cook. Heat another pan on low and put in your tortilla, top with chicken, low fat cheese and salsa. Top with another tortilla, cook a few minutes until cheese starts to melt, flip and cook for a few more minutes. Amazing.

Stir fry - I love chinese but when eating out is way too many calories, I buy a frozen snow pea mix, some low sodium teriyaki and some strips of chicken. I pan fry and serve with white rice instead of fried rice.

Baked turkey isn't just for thanks giving either. Buying a whole turkey in the off season should be cheaper and is a great way to make multiple meals. Turkey breast for sandwiches, legs for dinner and the rest for a yummy home made turkey noodle soup.

If you want a smaller version, you can buy a whole chicken to bake up.

Hope this helps!
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options

Tacos - Turkey ground meat is an awesome replacement to beef because it has less fat and you really can't taste the difference with the taco seasoning.

Burgers - Same thing. I haven't got into turkey burgers so much but I also haven't found a great recipe to mix with the meat. There are a million things you can mix it with including onions, peppers, garlic, salsa ect.

Fajitas - I love chicken fajitas. Cut your chicken up in strips and pan fry with peppers and onions.

Quesadillas - Cut your chicken into tiny cubes and cook. Heat another pan on low and put in your tortilla, top with chicken, low fat cheese and salsa. Top with another tortilla, cook a few minutes until cheese starts to melt, flip and cook for a few more minutes. Amazing.

Stir fry - I love chinese but when eating out is way too many calories, I buy a frozen snow pea mix, some low sodium teriyaki and some strips of chicken. I pan fry and serve with white rice instead of fried rice.

Baked turkey isn't just for thanks giving either. Buying a whole turkey in the off season should be cheaper and is a great way to make multiple meals. Turkey breast for sandwiches, legs for dinner and the rest for a yummy home made turkey noodle soup.

Hope this helps!

Great ideas. I make chicken tacos but leave out the tortilla and put it all on a bed of lettuce and spinach with black beans and rice.
    Try chicken kabobs with peppers, mushroom, potatoes (boil potatoes about 75% done). Make it Hawaiian but adding teriyaki sauce and pineapple instead of potatoes.
    I make a pizza with flat out flatbread, spinach, cheese, tomatoes, and grilled chicken or steak.
    Quick dinner: grilled chicken, sautéed tomatoes or snap peas or broccoli with garlic, basil and olive oil over wheat pasta.
  • pamtram
    pamtram Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I want to go to Rachels house for dinner :)

Hope this helps!