eating after 8pm

Options
2»

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    It isn't WHEN you eat, but WHAT you eat.

I bet if you ask most people the foods they consume after dinner aren't the healthiest choices (cookies, candy, ice cream, chips, etc). Going over your calories is why you gain weight, NOT when you've eaten those calories. People just figure they gained because they ate chips at 10pm instead of realizing the real reason wasn't the time, but the amount of stuff they ate.

I eat before I go to bed EVERY single night. If I don't, I'll wake up in the middle of the night and do something stupid like eat an entire package of Oreo's and I don't even like those!

The only negative side effect to eating late is if you have digestive issues - such as heartburn which could be made worse by eating late. Otherwise, enjoy!
  • cinasana
    cinasana Posts: 40
    Options
    Hello!

Eating after 8pm will NOT lead to weight gain so long as you are within your proper daily caloric intake!

Intermittent Fasting is taking the health world by storm....and if you read into it, you will see that the time of day you eat makes no difference whatsoever...

www.leangains.com

Jenny :-)
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    When you eat has absolutely no impact on weight loss. Some experts recommend not to eat shortly before bed because it can disrupt your sleep and THAT can effect weight loss.

^^ this ^^ In fact, many people want to eat a small meal of slow-digesting protein source (like cottage cheese) 30 min or so before bed to feed the body while you sleep. Slow-digesting is the key. A meal of high sugar fast-digesting sweets, etc can give you a surge of energy before sleep and keep you awake.
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You can eat after 8. I'd pick a food that lasts for the night into your sleep though. Cottage cheese is a very good choice.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    It's ok to eat at anytime as long as you are staying at a caloric deficit.
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I eat any time with no effect on sleep or weight. Somedays if I'm short on calories before I go to sleep I will have some Greek yogurt with fruit or a bowl of cereal with milk. I wouldn't eat the leftover spicy chili before bed. I dont know whether it would effect my sleep but it doesn't seem like a smart idea.
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Your body does not know what time it is:)eat when your hungry & enjoy:flowerforyou: