OCD

Options
♥Faerie♥
♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
Does anyone have any OCD habits? One of mine is that if ANYONE uses my phone at work, I have to clean it with a disinfecting wipe before I can use it again! It completely freaks me out....
What are some of your weird OCD habits?

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I have to check my curling iron about 1/2 dozen times in the morning to make sure I unplugged it. I've been known to turn around and go re-check it. :embarassed:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Everything I do is a little bit OCD. :ohwell: The most annoying one is having to always line things up on my desk. Pens lined up next to the papers, perfectly spaced... :laugh: :blushing:
  • Nessc
    Nessc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Pictures that are sitting on my desk have to be positioned a certain way, if not, I can't function until I fix it...The big kicker for me is that my clothes have to be folded a certain way and when I hang blouses or pants the hangers all have to be hung in a particular position. My sister laughs at me because of this!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I joke about it but mine is similar to yours. I work from home now so I don't have to think about it but I work for a group of dentists and anytime anyone touched my phone, keyboard or mouse I would use cavacide 9heavy duty disinfectant) on all of it, also, every morning and after lunch I would wipe the counter where my work was and where patients leaned on. All that and shopping carts don't get a second thought! :laugh: :wink:

Also, at the start of each work day I have to have everything where I like it, phone, post its you name it, can't start until it's all in place!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    When I play a game of cards or any game that has cards in it, the stack of cards and the discard pile have to be perfectly lined up!

I also have to have the toilet paper coming from the top of the roll. If it is underneath, I will change it, even if it is not my house!:tongue:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    When I play a game of cards or any game that has cards in it, the stack of cards and the discard pile have to be perfectly lined up!

I also have to have the toilet paper coming from the top of the roll. If it is underneath, I will change it, even if it is not my house!:tongue:

I hate it when my mom does that!! :laugh: Under is for houses with kids...over is for houses without. One tug on a roll that's going over & the whole roll comes unraveled.
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: I think everything I do is a little OCD. My pots and pans have to be stacked a certain way, toilet paper on top, cans in the pantry have to have the label facing forward, silverware has to be facing down in the dishwasher, clothes folded a certain way and pants hung with a crease in the front, you name it and I probably have some weird OCD way of doing it.

Oh, probably number one OCD habit of mine that drives the DH crazy--the sheets on the bed have to be perfect and tucked in on both sides or I can't go to sleep at night. I make him get out of bed and help me fix the sheets. :laugh: :laugh:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Constantly looking at myself in the rearview mirror when I'm in the car. It's something I absolutely don't want to do, and I try to fight it, but I give in a lot. It may sound vain, but it's not out of vanity...it used to be a constant obsession with checking my make-up, but now it's remained as a habit.

I have others, but that one came to mind.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

Thank you! I do the same thing.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt call it ocd but i have a thing against handles. i cover my hand before i touch them. particularly that of a restroom....