Lunch hour workouts for the busy woman!

Options
Hi all!

I work two jobs and often work 7 days a week with very little time for exercise. My diet is generally pretty healthy so I'm able to keep the weight off, however I feel tired and a bit sluggish if I don't work out.

I would like to start exercising on my lunch breaks... probably starting with a nice 20 min jog. I know I will get bored of that, so my question is: what is your favorite and effective go-to work out when you have less than an hour to work out?

Thanks! :wink:

Replies

• giftieetcetera
    giftieetcetera Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You could set up a circuit - jumping jacks, ski jumps, push up, crutches. You could make yourself a little set of goals - 2 minutes of jumping jacks, 1 minute of plank, two minutes of power squats, etc. until you get to 20 minutes. Also, you could download a 20 minute yoga or pilates workout for days when you just need a less sweaty workout. (It's so hot where I live that I can't imagine working out at lunchtime and being presentable.)
  • giftieetcetera
    giftieetcetera Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Oops, double posted.
  • dree77
    dree77 Posts: 52
    Options
    It's really hot here too right now... what I would love is to go for a run and then jump into a lake right after lol... unfortunately I don't think I have time for that.

You're right - I think circuit training is the best option. Weights and cardio rolled into one quick workout. Very effective.

Thanks! :)
  • danni_l
    danni_l Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Can you go to a gym or will it all be outdoors?

I generally exercise for a short time anyway, if you use your time wisely you can be done in 30 - 45 minutes.
    If you have a gym you could do a 30 - 45 min weight circuit, sprints on the treadmills, spinning etc.

If you are outside and have a partner why not try boxing circuits, or if your own you could do sets of stair / hill sprints. OR you could do a jog / sprint so sprint for 30 seconds, jog for 10. Do a circuit of 20 squats, pushups and stair jumps x 5.
    Or get down the park with some weights, or cycle into work?

Google HIIT - that will show you lots of info on short high intensity workouts which really improve your fitness and energy levels.

It does depend on what exercise you like though - I love working up a massive swear, where some people arent quite so keen on that - especially on your lunch break!

Few suggestions for you there, let me know what you think! :)