LADIES i have a TMI question for u

Options
2»

Replies

• jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    when I was only eating 1200 cals mine stopped altogether (4 months total)...when I upped my calories...all was good again. Apparently my body was in starvation mode and didn't have enough gas in the tank to maintain it.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I've found over the years tha SO MANY things can screw with my cycle, stress, change in diet, intense workouts, seasons changing
  • cremy1016
    cremy1016 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am obese and have PCOS... for years (like, from the very beginning), I was always irregular, and would only get mine 3x a year or so. Since I've started keeping track of diet, and staying consistent, my period has become very regular. And it's funny because, for years that's what I wanted, but now that I have regularity, I kinda don't like it. lol
  • Creamshakes
    Creamshakes Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've had nothing but light spotting for two months, now. But, this was after bleeding for months on end for about 4+ years before I lost the initial 41 pounds, then, I was regular for the first time in a while for about 8 months. Now, the durned thing is MIA. I guess it will figure itself out as I lose more.
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    thanks! it kind of freaked me out and i got scared i could be pregnant but the test i took came out negative i was like what in the world??? why hasnt it came yet.

I did the same thing when I was starting out.Even when and got a test too. It came back to being "normal" after that. It's a little freaky isn't it :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Nope. Before I got pregnant I was still totally regular. I've been breastfeeding for the last 6 months, so I haven't gotten my period back yet. But, I'm weaning now (I have almost 3300oz of milk frozen) so I'm expecting it within the next two months. And I'm not really looking forward to it. 15 months without it has been very nice!!
  • melodiac1
    melodiac1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Right now I have had mine for little over a year straight. It would go away but come back a couple of days later. So, I am hoping that losing weight will get me back on track (I have never been regular). Plus, my fiance and I r getting married in October so I hope to get pregnant before I an 30 (I am 28 right now).
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Fat stores estrogen. The fatter you are the more irregular your periods can become. Your brain thinks you have too much estrgen and quits making it. Losing weight also makes your brain think you have to much estrogen and can change your cycles as well. Weight loss causes the estrogen to leave the fat cells causing an abnormal estrogen level that makes your brain think you have too much. I can give you a much more nerdy explanation with all the big words if you like put this layman explanation might be sufficient for ya.

To be clear estrogen plays key roll in ovulating and periods.:flowerforyou:
  • melodiac1
    melodiac1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just want my cycle to be "regular". :,-(
  • daaamon
    daaamon Posts: 25
    Options
    i HATE when that happens
  • shantipenn
    Options
    weightloss (or gain) can always affect ur periods. and losing weight (or gaining if u were underweight to start with) can also increase ur fertility. alot. x