Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Healthy breakfast-on-the-go ideas?

ybodwen
ybodwen Posts: 340 Member
Hi all! Trying to mix up my daily meals a bit starting with breakfast!
I eat a Luna bar and a coffee on the way to work every single day and I'd love to try some new, less processed ideas.
I'm not into meat, fish or eggs in the mornings. Would love to hear from y'all! What do you eat for breakfast?

Replies

• jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    how bout a container of greek yogurt or cottage cheese w/ fruit?
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 340 Member
    thanks for the good suggestion! anyone else?
  • amagus
    amagus Posts: 71 Member
    Berries are low calorie and low carb but packed with nutrients. I love them fresh this time of year and frozen through the winter,
  • C4r4W4de
    C4r4W4de Posts: 27 Member
    I try to eat a protein packed breakfast, but it has to be healthy and portable. I usually prepare it as much as possible the night before. Here's a list of my "go to" morning foods: protein shake, whole grain toast with peanut butter, cottage cheese topped with fruit, a zip-lock bag of plain cheerios and a low-fat cheese stick, hummus with veggie sticks, greek yogurt with chia seeds stirred in, an apple dipped in yogurt or peanut butter, hard-boiled egg or egg muffins: http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/10/egg-muffins-revisited-again.html (just try it, totally good for you, very portable, and an awesome amount of protein), a banana paired with a few slices of cheddar cheese, microwave mug muffin (recipe is someplace here on MFP) and my favorite is refrigerator oatmeal: http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • soozy84
    soozy84 Posts: 118
    I know it's not very breakfasty, but I love a toastie/grilled sandwich in the morning. I usually have a ham toastie using wholemeal bread (50 cals a slice). 2 x slices of bread, 4 small slices of ham, lurpak lightest and spray olive oil = approx 175 cals.

Since you don't want processed meats, maybe a different filling? Cheese and mustard, banana, banana and peanut butter...

I used to use my george forman grill but now I use a cheapy toastie machine I bought for £5 because it's smaller and a lot quicker to clean.