Shakeology Taste?

Options
brattyworm
brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
So i have a question for all of you who have tasted the Shakeology shakes. I'm in a group elsewhere that it seems like everyone loves them and they're oh so tasty and good.

Am I really so odd to as to not like their taste? How many of them are just doing it as a health kick?

Dont get me wrong I can tolerate some shakes better then others. Myoplex Lite is my fav followed very closely by the Advocare ones.

I just cant seem to get over that taste of the shakeology and its in all the three flavors i tried, the chocolate, greenberry and the vegan strawberry one (with and without banana).

Whats everyone elses thoughts on it?

I'm not intending on buying it for the sole reason I dont see any reason to purchase something i wont drink. simple as that. i was just trying to see how many other people also have issues with the taste ... mine's mainly the aftertaste

Replies

• tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    Ive tried all of them. When I purchased Insanity I got a 7 day trial of chocolate and another mfp of mine is a coach and she sent me some samples of the other flavors. I can tolerate the chocolate but the green berry and strawberry taste AWFUL!!!!! I'd rather not drink shakeology, the price is outrageous. Its not something I could keep up for the REST OF MY LIFE.
  • nolakris
    nolakris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I liked the tropical strawberry one. The chocolate- no. I never tried the greenberry. If you don't care for the flavor, I wouldn't spend the money on it, health benefits or not. It's not worth spending $$$ on something you don't like.
  • Dreamerryu27
    Dreamerryu27 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I like the chocolate. I make one everyday with frozen strawberries into a breakfast or snack smoothie. Everyone is different, but I have tried so many others out there and Shakeology is worth it to me.
  • iacovetta
    iacovetta Posts: 2
    Options
    No, you're not odd...Lol. You really have to play around w/the different recipes to see which works for you. I've tried w/fat free milk, almond milk, coconut milk, water, coconut water....Some I didn't care for. Depends on which fruit you add to it also. Not that you NEED to add fruit because it surely has plenty of vitamins, but it just mixes it up & gives variety. I also use different flavors of extracts, coconut & banana are my 2 favorites right now. You can make it super think like a yogurt too...and eat it with a spoon. :-)

I drink it for the vitamins, the flavor & also to curb my appetite. Didn't think it would work in curbing my appetite, but it did. Now, I drink them mostly for lunch during the week...so it's easier for me NOT to snack a lot because I'm at work. BUT...I'm not raiding candy jars any more in the office either.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I really like the chocolate but greenberry and tropical are NOT good IMO. Everyone's taste buds are different, you are not odd. :)
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I agree. I have never been able to tolerate the taste. Especially the greenberry. I tried them for 90 days but enough was enough.

I have had Advocare as well. Tasted way better but my body did not like them.

I have been using Body by Vi since October and the base is amazing by itself and adding fruit or other ingredients makes it even better. Had some great results and it is really the first type of shake that actually keeps me full. Never experienced eating my snacks because I need to instead of because it is that or my arm from hunger.

The best part has been I earned my kit for free and have not paid for them other than my first month. Win win for me, results and more money for other things.
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is the only one I have had of the 4. I mix 1 cup almond milk, 8-9 ice cubes, and sometimes add half to a whole banana and blend it well in blender. So good.
  • brattyworm
    Options
    Thanks everyone. i just wanted to see others thoughts. And i'm sure if i spent some time mixing various things with it i might be able to find a good combination, but if i do shakes, i want to be able to throw it in the blender maybe at some flax and fiber and go... not have to do a whole bunch of stuff to it. it is nice to know i'm not the only one though
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    As expensive as that stuff is, you shouldn't have to add anything to make it taste good.
  • CoachSamB
    CoachSamB Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My Chocolate/Peanut Butter/Banana is my favorite "meal" of my day. INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS! I now am making it with less peanut butter, got rid of the banana, but added a TBSP of fat free/sugar free butterscotch pudding powder. PHENOMENAL TASTE! Tastes just like my Butterfinger blizzard I've missed so :)

Plus, with all the nutrients. I love it! Just need the right recipes....AND PEANUT BUTTER :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    As expensive as that stuff is, you shouldn't have to add anything to make it taste good.

This.
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Love it. First time a friend offered me some of hers, I couldn't believe how good it tasted. It's better than a freakin' Starbucks frap! Too bad you don't like the taste. In my opinion, you're missing out on something amazing. A...MAZING!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i liked the chocolate but that greenberry was like drinking grass
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I find that regular good old fashioned homemade shakes are ALWAYS guaranteed yummy once you get it done right.

Mango + pineapple + almond milk + dates = win
    Cocoa powder + ice + spinach + banana = epic

Work great and give good nutrients.

I'm not knocking the Shakeology stuff but if it's so damn expensive I think you should try making your own shakes and see if you enjoy them.
  • brattyworm
    Options
    In my opinion, you're missing out on something amazing. A...MAZING!

Yes I do agree. The nutrion aspects of it are awesome. I would love to be able to benefit from those. But I wont choke them down and I dont have the time to play around with them till I find the right combination that works.